Steph Curry still hasn't beaten an honest Lebron led team even with homecourt advantage #KDSAVEDHISLEGACY

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The fukk does that have to do with me nicca?

Do you notice how none of my questions were about what YOU think??? :gucci:

The Lakers went into this series as the underdog and the lower seed. Nobody here asked you what YOU thought.

It's funny to see @BlueHeffner dapping your post too, considering he was talking mad greasy before (and during) the series, meaning even he thought the Warriors were the better team, like the majority of people did.

No way you're getting away with saying the Lakers and Warriors wasn't an even matchup. Nah

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The revisionist history from this series is generational.

We now got Warrior stans in here trying to spin that Steph "had no help", when he got Klay in game 2 going off for 30 points on 73%, and Dray stepping up in game 5 with 20 points to stave off elimination. Klay also had 25 points in game one. Payton and Wiggins combined for 32 points in game 4. Wiggins dropped 25 points in game 5.

Y'all nikkas really sit here and say Steph had no help, when Steph himself got taken out of games by the Lakers' scheme in multiple games so he had to rely on his (frankly really good) passing game, games in which his teammates carried him to victory (Games 2 and 4).

What actually occurred is the Warriors ran up against a team where their style doesn't work. The best team at getting inside vs the worst team at getting inside. The best team at drawing fouls vs the worst team at drawing fouls. Finesse vs paint production.

Klay was bound to look pedestrian, considering the Warriors play a style that is predicated on a difficult shot: the three-point shot.

Steph is considered the best all time at this, and he only shoots 42% at this shot for a career. That means 58% of the time, the best shooter ever is missing his signature shot.

Uh, HELLO? :mjlol:

The Lakers exploited their matchups-- Davis is too big for Golden State. Steph can't guard anyone, so they hunted him on defense. 40 Threes a game is simply unsustainable, and the Lakers punished them inside.

If anything, the only area the Warriors were outmatched was a gameplan. Imagine getting outcoached by Darvin Fukking Ham :russ:

Couldn't be me.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
Curry was the lead man in 2015 stop it..

This lakers/dubs series AD was the best player on the lakers.. See how that shyt works
Injuries in 2015…I know you ain forget about that

And AD defensively was certainly best out…but offensively that shyt was by committee

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
Injuries in 2015…I know you ain forget about that

And AD defensively was certainly best out…but offensively that shyt was by committee
Teams play who are in front of them.. They ain’t got shyt to do with injuries… you bozos don’t give Steph that injury excuse in 2016 when he lost in the finals right?

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Do you notice how none of my questions were about what YOU think??? :gucci:

The Lakers went into this series as the underdog and the lower seed. Nobody here asked you what YOU thought.

It's funny to see @BlueHeffner dapping your post too, considering he was talking mad greasy before (and during) the series, meaning even he thought the Warriors were the better team, like the majority of people did.

No way you're getting away with saying the Lakers and Warriors wasn't an even matchup. Nah

I don’t care what the nerds said. I had zero doubt that the lakers would smash gsw

I didn’t believe in golden state and if it wasn’t for kd/kyrie injury, steph would be winless against lebron

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I don’t care what the nerds said. I had zero doubt that the lakers would smash gsw

I didn’t believe in golden state and if it wasn’t for kd/kyrie injury, steph would be winless against lebron

I don't disagree with you.

I also assumed the Lakers would win, but that was because first, I'm a Laker stan, but more importantly, I watch basketball and am a stan of the game. That means I could see that LeBron and AD would punish that soft ass finesse squad and that they did everything in their power to push us to the play in so they could play the inexperienced Kings instead of the Suns, who would have smoked them.

My point is that the Lakers won because they exploited their strengths and Golden State's weaknesses.

People look at Klay's bad performance and say he played poorly, instead of the Lakers played great defense on him. That video went around about Bron calling out the Hammer Action, and somehow people still don't get that Klay got shut down by a great defensive gameplan.

Klay put up 25 in game one and 30 on 73% in game 2. That's not a washed player-- that's a star in this league. He had a bad series, and the Lakers are probably the best defensive team in the game.

It's easy to have a casual take and call Klay washed. Those of us that have been watching for more than 25 years saw the X's and O's.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't disagree with you.

I also assumed the Lakers would win, but that was because first, I'm a Laker stan, but more importantly, I watch basketball and am a stan of the game. That means I could see that LeBron and AD would punish that soft ass finesse squad and that they did everything in their power to push us to the play in so they could play the inexperienced Kings instead of the Suns, who would have smoked them.

My point is that the Lakers won because they exploited their strengths and Golden State's weaknesses.

People look at Klay's bad performance and say he played poorly, instead of the Lakers played great defense on him. That video went around about Bron calling out the Hammer Action, and somehow people still don't get that Klay got shut down by a great defensive gameplan.

Klay put up 25 in game one and 30 on 73% in game 2. That's not a washed player-- that's a star in this league. He had a bad series, and the Lakers are probably the best defensive team in the game.

It's easy to have a casual take and call Klay washed. Those of us that have been watching for more than 25 years saw the X's and O's.

Saying klay fell off is not a casual take, it’s just the truth. I ain’t say he was trash.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Teams play who are in front of them.. They ain’t got shyt to do with injuries… you bozos don’t give Steph that injury excuse in 2016 when he lost in the finals right?

Why should Steph get the injury excuse in 2016 when Bron's squad was far more injured than his was?

Cavs had 3 of their top 7 (Love, Mosgov, Shump) basically worthless due to injury. Warriors just missed 2.5 games from their 8th man Bogut and had Steph and Iggy at maybe 90%.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Saying klay fell off is not a casual take, it’s just the truth. I ain’t say he was trash.

Not putting words in your mouth. :whoa:

Plenty of people (in this thread, no less) have said that.

They're trying to diminish Klay to prop up Steph, which is a roundabout shot at Bron. I simply addressed your point and added on to it.

knickscrusaderm

lead by example
Daps
Reppin
dark butts
I have no idea what you are saying.

People are saying the Warriors were unfair because they had Durant, ignoring that Bron has AD. The honest thing to say is you hate the Warriors and are happy they lost. No shame in that.
Are all your takes this mediocre?

This is horrible :picard:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
I know one dude that had to do that a few times and got to the finals but nows not the time to bring it up
:lolbron:

No one has gotten to the nba finals with their teammates playing subpar. No one. Let’s not make up a narrative.

It takes all parts working collectively and a star or two flourishing to get that far.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No one has gotten to the nba finals with their teammates playing subpar. No one. Let’s not make up a narrative.

It takes all parts working collectively and a star or two flourishing to get that far.

You were saying? :skip:

Take Bron's #'s out, and the rest of the team averaged just 64 points, 34 rebounds, and 9 assists a game, shooting 41.9% FG and 29.6% 3PT. And most of them weren't even good defenders either.

Literally 1 teammate in double figures and he was averaging just 12.5ppg on awful shooting %'s
No one other than Bron averaging more than 2.3 apg.
Just one out of the top 8 scorers shooting better than 45.5% from the field.
ZERO starters other than himself making even 30% of their threes.
Led the team in steals and blocks too.

2007 wasn't a huge amount better. Take out a midget rookie making open jump shots in 2-3 games, and the help basically would have been 12 and 9 from a hobbled Z and then a bunch of bullshyt.

Bron damn near singlehandedly won Game 6 of the ECF to save the 2012 season too:

And in 2015 the numbers for the supporting cast weren't quite as bad, but are Shump, Delly, JR, Mosgov, and TT really doing anything out there without Bron spoonfeeding it to them? There's a reason Delly was an undrafted player on a minimum contract and JR/Shump had been given up by the Knicks for nothing other than $6 million in salary cap relief.

Last edited:

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps

You were saying? :skip:

Take Bron's #'s out, and the rest of the team averaged just 64 points, 34 rebounds, and 9 assists a game, shooting 41.9% FG and 29.6% 3PT. And most of them weren't even good defenders either.

Literally 1 teammate in double figures and he was averaging just 12.5ppg on awful shooting %'s
No one other than Bron averaging more than 2.3 apg.
Just one out of the top 8 scorers shooting better than 45.5% from the field.
ZERO starters other than himself making even 30% of their threes.
Led the team in steals and blocks too.

2007 wasn't a huge amount better. Take out a midget rookie making open jump shots in 2-3 games, and the help basically would have been 12 and 9 from a hobbled Z and then a bunch of bullshyt.

Bron damn near singlehandedly won Game 6 of the ECF to save the 2012 season too:

And in 2015 the numbers for the supporting cast weren't quite as bad, but are Shump, Delly, JR, Mosgov, and TT really doing anything out there without Bron spoonfeeding it to them? There's a reason Delly was an undrafted player on a minimum contract and JR/Shump had been given up by the Knicks for nothing other than $6 million in salary cap relief.

Do you what playing subpar means? Outside of love playing below his talent level the rest of the supporting cast is playing like who they are.

We just watched Jordan Poole look like a college kid thrown into an nba playoff series. Klay Thompson, second greatest shooter of all time look like shaq at the free throw line.

It’s not the same fam.