STARZ' Power Becomes The #1 Show On Cable Sunday Defeating HBO, E!, Showtime & AMC

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On July 17, 2016, Starz's Power was the highest rated show on cable with a 1.10 - followed by HBO's Ballers (0.79), Discovery's Naked and Afraid XL (0.71) and E!'s Keeping Up With the Kardashians (0.68).

“Power” lived up to its name with its third-season premiere Sunday, setting an all-time viewership record for a Starz original series.

The show, which kicked of Starz’s move of originals from Saturday to Sunday nights, drew 2.26 million viewers for its Season 3 debut. That beats the channel’s previous record for an original series — the Season 2 finale of “Power” (1.54 million viewers) last season. The second-season opener of “Outlander” had the previous premiere record of 1.46 million viewers.

The premiere was also No. 1 among adults 18-49 on cable for the night, scoring a 1.1 rating.

Also Sunday, HBO’s “Ballers” opened its second season with a 0.8 in the demo, down from 1.1 for its series premiere last year. “The Night Of” (0.5) was up two tenths of a point from its premiere, and “Vice Principals” debuted to a 0.5.

Top 100 cable shows among adults 18-49 for Sunday, July 17, 2016

O8MtRie.jpg

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Proof that this site is full of cacs. If that was a white dominated show they would be swarming here calling so and so da gawd. I'm really thinking of leaving the coli man. This is not a pro lack site
Look at the shows it beat. Its just not a good show breh. Period.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
The #1 show is actually a cartoon and the second show is the last ship. It says so right there.

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The #1 show is actually a cartoon and the second show is the last ship. It says so right there.

Actually it was NASCAR, in tv unless they're selling to kids they only care about the 18-49 demographic. They type of audience matters not the overall number so much.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Yeah i hate how they break that shyt down by demographics instead of going by total viewers

The fact that The Last Ship had more total viewers :scust:

And i like Power

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Actually it was NASCAR, in tv unless they're selling to kids they only care about the 18-49 demographic. They type of audience matters not the overall number so much.
The problem that I've always had with this is how do you know how old the person who's watching the shows is

Just because the person paying the bill is 50 don't mean the person watching the show is

People have family members,friends,etc

if im over my mothers house on a Sunday and watch Power do they count my view in the 50+ demographic?

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah i hate how they break that shyt down by demographics instead of going by total viewers

The fact that The Last Ship had more total viewers :scust:

And i like Power

They do it like that because they are the most valuable audience to television advertisers, also everyone has TNT you have to pay for Starz that should go without saying.

LieutenantDan

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The problem that I've always had with this is how do you know how old the person who's watching the shows is

Just because the person paying the bill is 50 don't mean the person watching the show is

People have family members,friends,etc

if im over my mothers house on a Sunday and watch Power do they count my view in the 50+ demographic?

They only count it from people with Nielsen boxes in their home, then multiply the data, if you have a regular cable box I think only count your on demand and DVR views get counted.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Looks like their decision to move their shows to Sunday now worked out for Starz :ehh:

I wonder if Survivor's Remorse will be able to outdraw Ballers when it comes back this Sunday.