Starz Buys Original Superhero Drama - Created by 50 Cent (Tomorrow, Today)

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It would be hard to sue. The idea of a superhuman is not unique. No matter how he is made. No federal judge would side with Marvel in that lawsuit. And I'm sure Starz's lawyers are A-1 and vetted this ahead of time.

Also, I doubt Marvel wants to open Pandora's box by trying to sue. Because what if they have a comic property that could be viewed as similar to another comic brand with a history that pre-dates Marvel's comic. It's not worth the money or the headache to go to court over something like this. Especially since Luke Cage's story/powers isn't highly unique in the world of storytelling.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
damn... HOW CAN YOU HATE GAWDFATHER FIF at this point..

got an all Blac tv drama at the helm

gonna do an all black show with BMF

and now THIS.. damn , this man truly an inspiration...

I use to talk shyt about 50 and not really like him but as of recently I am finding it VERY difficult for me to do so and I'm actually respecting him more and more.

It is truly inspiring. Especially for me as a black person who wants to get in this industry.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I doubt his main character is inspired from blaxtation flicks like luke cage was.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Sounds like Luke Cage 2.0, but fukk it, it's a new independent Black superhero IP :blessed: