Star Wars: The Force Awakens (OFFICIAL THREAD)

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
I'm pretty sure It's cannon that he made it out.

Itd be interesting if the final scene of his movie is him falling into the sarlac :russ:

Thats what im most looking forward to about these extra flicks,is that back to the future crossing of scenes from previous movies being shown at different perspectives in the new ones...i always thought that shyt was cool...

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
fukk that. You can't make the decades-old EU non-canon by waving a hand. They need to prove that they got their shyt correct if they're going to supplant those stories.
They're 'legends' now. Gives Disney the option to pick and choose or discard because they're only legends now so who knows what truth is.

Lucas opened the door himself by ignoring certain pieces of canon in the EU in making the pre-trilogy so......

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
fukk that. You can't make the decades-old EU non-canon by waving a hand. They need to prove that they got their shyt correct if they're going to supplant those stories.
They haven't "waved a hand"....they've made a new movie. They're making a new movie like every year for the rest of time.

They are also putting out more comics, books, etc.

They are gonna fill this universe out quickly.

Believe me, there is shyt I enjoyed, you can still enjoy it. KOTOR will always be one of the best games ever made. But it's no longer canon in this universe.

As if right now, Boba died in that pit breh. And while we're on the subject, that pit looked like this :

sFLaziE.jpg
:lolbron:

I'm quitting the internet after Monday.

God speed...:salute:

Me personally? I'ma be gorging on those fukkin' reviews. Search your spoilers, you know they be true!....:blessed:

CHL

Superstar
Daps
Another 2 pages from that book. Not really much here, but I'll tag it. At this point, I'm not really sure what the general public (That doesn't follow this stuff closely) knows about the film. I'd imagine that those avoiding spoilers have pretty much gone dark. Reviews and shyt are gonna be up by Monday night and we'll finally know *everything*.

2iOdwdu.jpg

vU8H17U.jpg

No, consistency of incompetence is a jobber.

Dude, Rey is clearly going to be a Mary Sue in this story. They are marketing this as a "female empowerment/accomplishment" movie. And the quickest and easiest way to do that is to pair a "Strong, Competent Woman" with a weak, bumbling sidekick male....:manny:

I'm not even mad about the feminist aspect. Girls certainly deserve to get theirs in movies. It's just unfortunate that they are likely to emasculate Finn to do so.

When you've got a women captured in a story, and the men come to save her, but when they get there she's already freed herself....that's purposefully deconstructing a trope. There are many other things like that in the movie. You've been relying on past SW movies to defend Finn but the subtext of this movie screams louder than your logic.

This is the last thing I'ma say about this! Honestly! You've read everything, I've read everything....we'll just have to wait and see what happens when the movie comes out! :salute: I'm almost certain however that there will be some chatter about his character being a letdown. They should have had the foresight to realize that blacks are waiting for "our moment" just as much as women are (Moreso, to be honest, we don't have a Hunger Games). Did you see that Kenya Barris article I posted a page or two back? You think he's walking out of this content with Finn?
:ehh: to most of this

Still disagree on Finn though, but we'll see