Star Trek Discovery Official Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This streaming service shyt is getting out of hand, we'll have all these next year

HBO Go/Now
Hulu
Amazon
Netflix
CBS Access
Sling
Crackle
PS Vue
Disney
DC

And i'm probably forgetting some

Directv Now (which I have)
Showtime
Cinemax
Starz
FX
WWE

And it's only going to get worse as time goes on. This is the future. It's going to be worse than cable lol

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Setting it before Kirk means you save money on sfx. Having it on access means you get subscirbership dollars without worrying about ratings. Diagnosis? Money grab. Prolly not going to be a good series.
Problem with this strategy is that the demographic that watches Star Trek are nerds. Nerds don't pay for shyt they can pirate that shyt easily. Should've used a property that caters to an older more conservative audience who would be more likely to pay outta pocket.
Conclusion? This series will either fail or they'll end up offering it on another platform after th first season. Possibly Netflix

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Setting it before Kirk means you save money on sfx. Having it on access means you get subscirbership dollars without worrying about ratings. Diagnosis? Money grab. Prolly not going to be a good series.
Problem with this strategy is that the demographic that watches Star Trek are nerds. Nerds don't pay for shyt they can pirate that shyt easily. Should've used a property that caters to an older more conservative audience who would be more likely to pay outta pocket.
Conclusion? This series will either fail or they'll end up offering it on another platform after th first season. Possibly Netflix
I dont think it will fail but im tired of them disrespecting the old audience everything i have seen insults me trek intelligence the last 10 years.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
Showtime
Cinemax
Starz
FX
WWE

And it's only going to get worse as time goes on. This is the future. It's going to be worse than cable lol

I think we'll get bundles though. Like networks will team up for a price and offer for ex. HBO/Cinemax/Showtime for one price like $30 or so.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Showtime
Cinemax
Starz
FX
WWE

I already pay for Amazon Prime, Hulu (ad free), Netflix (4K), and Crunchyroll. It's about $43 a month in streaming fees. That doesn't even count Rooster Teeth.

All these channels wanting all these fees for streaming is getting ridiculous.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I think we'll get bundles though. Like networks will team up for a price and offer for ex. HBO/Cinemax/Showtime for one price like $30 or so.

Yeah I remember back in the day you would get HBO and cinemax together. Then they separated them. Directv Now is a pretty good deal actually and I'm not complaining. DVR, 100 + channels, I got free HBO for a year too

Oh I forgot Shudder, which is necessary if you're a horror fan.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yeah I remember back in the day you would get HBO and cinemax together. Then they separated them. Directv Now is a pretty good deal actually and I'm not complaining. DVR, 100 + channels, I got free HBO for a year too

Oh I forgot Shudder, which is necessary if you're a horror fan.
HBO owns Cinemax so that's why