Star Fox Zero

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
All the reviews are whack and the game is fun as hell. The controls are not bad at all and work well once you get the hang of it. Graphics could be better but game runs smooth. Obviously it's not something long just like the other titles. Shame we didn't get multiplayer dogfights tho. I give it an 8/10 so far
Seems like there should have been an option for a traditional control scheme.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I got this monday and have played roughly 30 minutes a day (that's about all the free time I have, but today I might get an hour or so in).

I have to say its cool, the first one was cool and this one is a reboot so no love is lost there but it sucks having to use the motion controls and flying sucks. To complete a somersault you press the left stick down then the right stick up and to do a u-turn is another weird combination, to do a barrel roll you have to tap the stick to the left or right twice...there are a couple of short keys like x is i think somersault or maybe its boost but they should have kept it simple. y for u turn, x for somersault, left trigger twice for barrel roll to the left, right trigger twice for right barrel roll. you used to be able to hold L or R on 64 and fly sideways...doesnt look like you can do that.

It feels like i suck but i still managed to kill 250 out of 300 bad guys...i dont know if I can increase the difficulty level.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
having played more you can fly sideways by holding the right stick to the left or right...dog fights take some time to get used to. you kind of get used to the controls.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The controls do not warrant the bad reviews this game got. Once you get used to them it makes the game even more fun especially in dogfights.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alright so Im days into this game. its cool...some replay value if youre about finding the alternate routes and such but I wouldn't call it a cop. I got a replacement copy of Yoshi World or whatever...from the jump it screamed instant cop. the other vehicles are pretty dope and you do kind of get used to the controls.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
i had to turn off the motion controls, makes the game alot more managable for me. i feel like the game is fun but it gets in its own way. i really wish they wouldnt force cockpit view on you.

teacher

All Star
Daps
has anyone got 300 hits? I've only tried a few times on the first board but it seems impossible since the game just moves you along....This game would be perfect with VR :ohlawd: