Standing Rock DAPL: Protesters Disperse; Santa Monica divests from Wells Fargo

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
This rhetoric is absolutely useless breh. What difference will it make pointing that out?

Because violence abroad is OK but everyone hits the :whoa::whoa::whoa: when it comes to the devils here. Violence directed against (mostly innocent) people abroad is held the be morally defensible and superior to even armed self-defense here. I strongly disagree that pointing this out is useless.

Saiyajin

Superstar
Daps
I heard veterans are planning to go there to help the protesters

Veterans to deploy for Standing Rock
By Sophie Lewis, CNN

Updated 4:18 PM ET, Tue November 22, 2016

Story highlights
  • On December 4, hundreds of veterans will travel to Standing Rock to support #NoDAPL
  • Veterans Stand for Standing Rock, is a call for veterans to "defend the water protectors from assault and intimidation"

(CNN)On December 4, hundreds of veterans plan to "deploy" to Standing Rock Indian Reservation in North Dakota to join in protest against the planned Dakota Access Pipeline.

The event, Veterans Stand for Standing Rock, is a call for veterans to "assemble as a peaceful, unarmed militia" to "defend the water protectors from assault and intimidation at the hands of the militarized police force and DAPL security." The organizers hope to prevent progress on the construction of the pipeline as well as draw national attention to the cause.
first time ever seeing these cac anti govt "dont tread on me" miltias not be total fukkin hypocrites

:wow:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Because violence abroad is OK but everyone hits the :whoa::whoa::whoa: when it comes to the devils here. Violence directed against (mostly innocent) people abroad is held the be morally defensible and superior to even armed self-defense here. I strongly disagree that pointing this out is useless.
Literally this has nothing to do with this thread. Try to stay on topic.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Literally this has nothing to do with this thread. Try to stay on topic.

:stopitslime: It has everything to do with the thread. Protesters and oppressed people are facing state violence and you're trying to say the question of self-defense and the politics and rhetoric surrounding that "have nothing to do with this thread"? :mindblown:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
:stopitslime: It has everything to do with the thread. Protesters and oppressed people are facing state violence and you're trying to say the question of self-defense and the politics and rhetoric surrounding that "have nothing to do with this thread"? :mindblown:
yeah basically. Stay on topic. IF you want to start a thread about OTHER people facing violence and being oppressed I can walk you through how to create a new post.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
yeah basically. Stay on topic. IF you want to start a thread about OTHER people facing violence and being oppressed I can walk you through how to create a new post.

:dahell:

On your Donald J. Trump shyt I see, breh. :francis:

EDIT: As authoritarianism creeps into the presidency, the authoritarian zeitgeist has also spread to the powers-that-be here in HL. The censorship of free speech and the disappearing of posts heralds a dark future for our beloved board. :hubie:

Last edited:

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I heard veterans are planning to go there to help the protesters

Veterans to deploy for Standing Rock
By Sophie Lewis, CNN

Updated 4:18 PM ET, Tue November 22, 2016

Story highlights
  • On December 4, hundreds of veterans will travel to Standing Rock to support #NoDAPL
  • Veterans Stand for Standing Rock, is a call for veterans to "defend the water protectors from assault and intimidation"

(CNN)On December 4, hundreds of veterans plan to "deploy" to Standing Rock Indian Reservation in North Dakota to join in protest against the planned Dakota Access Pipeline.

The event, Veterans Stand for Standing Rock, is a call for veterans to "assemble as a peaceful, unarmed militia" to "defend the water protectors from assault and intimidation at the hands of the militarized police force and DAPL security." The organizers hope to prevent progress on the construction of the pipeline as well as draw national attention to the cause.
This is nice, but they need to come armed. Peaceful protests do not work in this country in 2016.