Squats every day, no problem right?

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
I wanted some feedback, I'm trying to strengthen my core since I fukked up my back (herniated disc)

I pulled up various websites saying I could (and even should) do squats daily, I don't want to reinjury myself so is this a good idea?

FYI, I do barbell hack squats mostly.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh: Why the hell would you squat EVERYDAY?

Recovery is like 101 stuff to working out. Not to mention you're beating yourself up way too much doing it everyday.:dame:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
You can bodyweight squat everyday.

But we talking about barbell, 3 times per week at most. When I get back to doing full body 3 times per week I wanna try that tbh.

But make sure your back is all good before you start squatting. And make your form is as perfect as it can be. The only way you can hurt yourself on squats honestly if you are using way too much weight or you are using bad form.

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Mike Rashid is currently squatting every day. He's up to 28 I think. I have no idea why. Haven't watched any of the vids they just always come up as recommended since I watch a lot of fitness shyt

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Barbell Squatting everyday isn't a long term stainable means of training for most, you could do it for a stretch sure, shyt I ran it over the summer for 30 days out of curiousity and I had a blast but I have no pre-existing injuries nor was I coming off of any.

Keep in mind once you get past the first 10 days or so of adapting you'll start feeling like a monster as your legs grow and numbers go up. .. BUT whatever strength gains you make are now married to squatting everyday because as soon as you stop squatting every day your strength is going to go right back down

there's safer ways of getting your core strength up esp coming off a bad back breh

Last edited: