Square Enix wants to upgrade some of their AA franchises to AAA

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This goes in line with the new president wanting to ‘trim the fat’. He essentially wants to permanently shelve a view franchises and upgrade a couple other AA franchises to AAA or bring some back.

What franchises do you think deserve to go to the big league and what deserves to rest?

I have a feeling SE is going to try and upgrade Star Ocean for some reason. They really seem to love that franchise despite it being all over the place reception and sales wise.

Nier seems like an obvious choice.

I also think they should back back Parasite Eve. It already works as a modern day game, pretty much only have to give it a VATS system and upgrade the graphics. It was ahead of its time with a female protagonist and antagonist.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
at least one of their AAA games needs to be turn based
also, they need to make a game that is a departure from their usual adventure/RPG dramas, like einhander, ehrgeiz, bushido blade, the bouncer, etc.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
“identify existing IPs with the potential to be upgraded to AAA status” in corporate speak translates to "Would you buy another Nier game or what?"

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
at least one of their AAA games needs to be turn based
also, they need to make a game that is a departure from their usual adventure/RPG dramas, like einhander, ehrgeiz, bushido blade, the bouncer, etc.

Well you better put your money where your mouth is and cop Foam Stars.:ufdup:

• Haha
Reactions: NZA

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
Dragon Quest

Life is Strange
DQ12: remains to be seen what the battle system is
LiS: i just couldnt get into it but it does seem to reach a different audience that isnt getting a lot of games, so i am glad it exists. i still want some square games that are totally out of the usual genre. give me a square platformer or something

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Didn't they sell life is strange along with tomb raider, hitman, and several other IPs? :jbhmm:
YEP... from what i remember the IP's they had previously they sold off...

No, Square Enix still own the Life Is Strange IP and they published the remasters them of last year. Out of all their western games they only sold the Tomb Raider, Deus Ex, and Soul Reaver properties