Square Enix throws $141m in the bushes

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I get it from a business standpoint but it also feels bittersweet. I liked a lot of the non FF games they made even if they weren't perfect. I mean there are smaller studios that fill that niche but still.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I get it from a business standpoint but it also feels bittersweet. I liked a lot of the non FF games they made even if they weren't perfect. I mean there are smaller studios that fill that niche but still.

Its btter this way, i even said when stuff like Diofield and Valkyrie Elysium came out those could have been really good games if they had more time and money put into them.

That rapid fire approach of just shooting a bunch of low budget games out throughout the year wasn’t working. Thats also why i don’t believe when people say “AA” games are going to save the gaming industry. These games don’t really make money return for bigger publishers

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Gee you are telling me taking any exclusivity deal and only releasing your expensive ass games in one console and one pc launcher is a bad idea?
:umad:
PlayStation exlcusivity :umad:
I can’t wait till Sony acquires them and yal foam at the mouf!

Half A $

Pro
Daps
:what:
SE already stated they've pivoted to mostly AAA software and Capcom releases a lot of AA games.
the fukk you on about? :dahell:

All AAA

Monster Hunter Rise
Resident Evil 4
Street Fighter 6
Exoprimal
Dragon's Dogma 2

Rest of the games they've done the last 2 years are Monster Hunter switch side game (because they sell like crazy in japan) and rereleases of old games like Ace Attorney.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
the fukk you on about? :dahell:

All AAA

Monster Hunter Rise
Resident Evil 4
Street Fighter 6
Exoprimal
Dragon's Dogma 2

Rest of the games they've done the last 2 years are Monster Hunter switch side game (because they sell like crazy in japan) and rereleases of old games like Ace Attorney.

Yeah, i think the only new AA game capcom is putting out at this point is that Path of The Goddess game