Square Enix says PS exclusivity lost them over 2 billion & they may never recover.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Square Enix may be pleased with Final Fantasy 16‘s initial sales, but the PS5 exclusive couldn’t prevent the company from losing billions. A new report reveals that Square Enix has lost nearly $2 billion of its value since Final Fantasy 16’s release.

Bloomberg reports that analysts are concerned about Square Enix’s historical reliance on its Final Fantasy franchise to make up for a series of lackluster releases. This is partly why despite selling millions at launch, Final Fantasy 16 sales weren’t the saving grace that the company was hoping for. Square Enix previously said that the PS5 exclusive’s sales didn’t meet the “high end” of its expectations.

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
if I’m not mistaken Square was having issues prior to FF16 due to other releases not panning out within the last few years.

They’ve been essentially playing catch up for a bit.

With that said I doubt multiplat games would have helped much as Sony has always been the platform their games have sold the most on by a long shot

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
if I’m not mistaken Square was having issues prior to FF16 due to other releases not panning out within the last few years.

They’ve been essentially playing catch up for a bit.

With that said I doubt multiplat games would have helped much as Sony has always been the platform their games have sold the most on by a long shot
Their bigger problems as stated in the article are the mobile games and the flops like Forspoken and Avengers. Ops title is hilarious and wrong

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Their bigger problems as stated in the article are the mobile games and the flops like Forspoken and Avengers. Ops title is hilarious and wrong

Forspoken and Final Fantasy are PS exclusives which both failed financially. PSThots don't support Square Enix.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Now they blaming sony for their newer games being trash?!!?:beli: or maybe you just fell off, I would also call you racist for whitewashing your characters or not being diverse but maybe you just fell off...:ufdup: you think putting your games on Gamepass will save you, think again!

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Forspoken and Final Fantasy are PS exclusives which both failed financially. PSThots don't support Square Enix.
Honest question

You think any of those titles would have sold on xbox?

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Not putting their releases on PC day one even though it is BY FAR the biggest market is fukking stupid. My cousin didn't even know 7 Remake Intergrade had released on PC until I told him the other day, he had been waiting on it so long he forgot to even check for it anymore. The demand for their games are there they just need to actually do the work and put them on PC.

Leasy

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yes, Forspoken would have been a hit if it was on other consoles, just like Avengers!!! Also please read what you make a thread on, the article tells you.

Doesn't matter if it was good or not you don't have the sales if you don't release the product to other platforms. Being too loyal to Japan about to get them bought by Microsoft or China Tencent

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Doesn't matter if it was good or not you don't have the sales if you don't release the product to other platforms. Being too loyal to Japan about to get them bought by Microsoft or China Tencent
Again read the article you posted, it literally mentions Avengers which was on other platforms, and it cost them money. Please read :sadcam: