Square Enix is looking to replace their current CEO after Forspoken and other smaller titles underperform

How many SE games did you purchase in 2022?

• 3+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
i play Nintendo switch (Barely because of work n kids)

keep hearing folks shyt on this game and after coming into this thread, just checked out an IGN review of it.

lil Game look cool, don't see what all the hate was about... a black girl being the main character makes more sense for all the hate to me.

i just don't understand why they won't just say that.

Daps
I got a lot of their smaller games. Star Ocean was cool.

Square publishes Star Ocean, they don't got shyt to do with actually developing it. That's all Tri-Ace and yes, they're the REAL action RPG GOATs dating all the way back to SO2 on PS1. Shame they don't get even 1/4 of the budget or development time that actual mainline FF/Square Enix games do cause they got twice the knack for it, and that's with them haven fallen off from their peak in the mid 2000s tbh :francis:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
i play Nintendo switch (Barely because of work n kids)

keep hearing folks shyt on this game and after coming into this thread, just checked out an IGN review of it.

lil Game look cool, don't see what all the hate was about... a black girl being the main character makes more sense for all the hate to me.

i just don't understand why they won't just say that.
because their audience are the cacs writing bad reviews on the game because the protagonist is black.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Square publishes Star Ocean, they don't got shyt to do with actually developing it. That's all Tri-Ace and yes, they're the REAL action RPG GOATs dating all the way back to SO2 on PS1. Shame they don't get even 1/4 of the budget or development time that actual mainline FF/Square Enix games do cause they got twice the knack for it, and that's with them haven fallen off from their peak in the mid 2000s tbh :francis:

...where did I say they developed Star Ocean? :mjtf:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

You talkin some straight up bullshyt :mjlol:

Star ocean has never been on the level of final fantasy and they have never been the originators of action rpgs or the goats, and tales games been eating their lunch for decades,

even the Mana series predates the original star ocean by like 4 years. I say this as someone that still puts The Second Story on a very high pedestal

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Too many releases scheduled for the same fiscal quarter, nobody was going to buy all of that.