Square Enix E3 Showcase 2018 (June 11th at 1PM EST)

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's the only way the can make good RPGs these days.

And how are they going to show that after Dragon Quest. Just wanted Dragon for the switch, a real game. Not paying $90 for Octopath

Games are becoming more and more expensive to make. That's why all we get are remakes, ports, and remasters. Barely any new IPs. JRPGs are particularly expensive to make so they either have to go low hardware demanding anime/celshading styles (i.e.: Dragon Quest, Ni nu kuni, Tales of Berseria) or the low budge indie look (i.e.: Octopath). Not everyone can be Final Fantasy.

Its just an artstyle. If the game releases for 20 bucks itll probably be pretty successful. I dont see how a games artstyle is gonna be indicative how successful itll be.

I mean Flappy Birds was one of the most successful and popular games ever and it ripped sprites from mario :francis:

I might still get it. But I don't like that artstyle AT ALL.

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Octopath will be a success I think. Its plays perfectly into the Switch audience, and will likely be a true to form JRPG with lots of content. The art style is also great IMO

Overall, this presentation was a major bust. They know that people care about FF7R and Avengers, hell I was hoping for a Dragon Quest Builders 2 release date....

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
EA looking at how bad this presentation was like "These nikkas got us off the hook :whoo: :whew:"

the_FUTURE

Superstar
Daps
It's the only way the can make good RPGs these days.

And how are they going to show that after Dragon Quest. Just wanted Dragon for the switch, a real game. Not paying $90 for Octopath

that's the issue. people are actually pretty interested in the game, and Square is really gonna put the game out for 90 bucks and then sit there and wonder why it isn't selling AS good as they wanted it to.