Square Enix can't ignore the money tree

gurf

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This deal being all but closed now

90575_1_10-year-abk-deal-needs-to-include-steam-make-full-impact_full.png

and Sega are definitely reasons as to why SE is more inclined to listen now.
Or they're listening to themselves as a 3rd party and decided to release on Xbox to get more revenue.

Wouldn't be able to do that with Sony/M$ running the ship.

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It won’t happen but I’d be fukking wild if Phil locks in FF17 as a timed console exclusive while development is early.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
When everyone plays, we all win. Thank you Jim Ryan for being a true gamer and allowing as many out there to experience games. You can always count on him unlike others!

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This deal being all but closed now

and Sega are definitely reasons as to why SE is more inclined to listen now.
You just live in your own reality don't you? FFXIV wasn't on Xbox because of their own restrictive policies.

Final Fantasy XIV director Naoki Yoshida previously told Wccftech he had spoken to Phil Spencer about resolving the platform issues stopping the game reaching Xbox.

“To play an MMORPG [on Xbox], there are 2 regulations for Microsoft which stand in the way of making crossplay feasible. Unless these regulations are rejected, there is no meaning,” he explained.

“One of the regulations is that players with different platforms cannot chat with each other in-game. Then how do you play an MMO?

“The other regulation is you cannot make a community with plays on a different platform. You can’t form a guild, you can’t enter into a link shell, [and] no free company. So I would like to have Microsoft change their regulations.”

It's almost like MS is the problem in these situations. And why they don't receive the same support as other companies.

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY