Spin Thread: How many of y'all can't swim?

Who here can't swim?

• Total voters

Money Be Green

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Pitts
Any desire to learn? What's stopping you?
I know the rumor/myth that a lotta brehettes don't learn because of their hair but the women in my family still learned. :yeshrug:

Why don't brehs be learning? :jbhmm:

:mjlol: Where do I start. I have multiple reasons

When I was a kid we went to Disney World. The Jaws ride had me shook :damn:. nikka use to have nightmares :mjcry:.

This one time we were on a boat and a couple of us jumped off to swim to shore. (It was close). I jumped off too. We all had life jackets on too. I tried moving but didn't go any where. The feeling of not being able to touch anything :sadcam:. I started yelling and somebody had to come and get me :mjlol:

Also that summer going fishing I got a hook stuck in my finger :damn:

shyt look similiar to this

slide4.jpg

Tried to when I was younger. Stayed going to the beach, pool, etc. Just couldn't get the hang of it. Never went pass 5ft :mjcry:.

Also I was chubby growing up so taking my shirt off :flabbynsick:.

I haven't been swimming since I was like 15.

Younger me didn't care but as I goten older I started to think about all the nasty shyt thats in the water :scust:.

TLDR

So to answer your question no I don't have any desire any more:russ:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can swim.....yes
But Gracefully tho? Nah :mjlol:

A whole lotta unnecessary splashing and my form is trash.
I only notice this when I'm doing laps and I see somebody just gliding through the water with grace and ease:wow:

I am self taught tho which is why my form is awful
YouTube videos can help you improve your stroke.

When we had to do this shyt and quickly figured out who couldn't swim. :huhldup:

This looks fun, and they give you an oxygen supply! This should be light work for someone can swim, wish I could see the ones can’t.

When I was a kid we went to Disney World. The Jaws ride had me shook :damn:. nikka use to have nightmares :mjcry:.

This one time we were on a boat and a couple of us jumped off to swim to shore. (It was close). I jumped off too. We all had life jackets on too. I tried moving but didn't go any where. The feeling of not being able to touch anything :sadcam:. I started yelling and somebody had to come and get me :mjlol:

slide4.jpg

Tried to when I was younger. Stayed going to the beach, pool, etc. Just couldn't get the hang of it. Never went pass 5ft :mjcry:.

Younger me didn't care but as I goten older I started to think about all the nasty shyt thats in the water :scust:.

TLDR

You’re missing out. Frolicking in the pool or ocean with a woman is GOAT

RageKage

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Macragge
Not quite a navy seal but I do have a master diver certification which is a step below instructor.

wearing a wetsuit, BCD and tank makes you practically drown proof

very comfortable swimming in open ocean and big lakes but where everybody needs to be cautious is surf area and rivers. Currents and waves can over take the best of swimmers. I wouldn't go out in that with anything less than a 3/4 wet wet suit.

wearing something like this is the cheat code for most open water swimming scenarios

LN2S-front_-_Medium__12877.1611092836.jpg

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps

slide4.jpg

TLDR

So you basically was a husky kid and are just p*ssy? That's fair. :ehh:

I got pulled in the water while I was fishing once and I didn't let that stop me for shyt.

Also, if Jaws had you scary like that
Riley Freeman GIF - Riley Freeman GIFs

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
This looks fun, and they give you an oxygen supply! This should be light work for someone can swim, wish I could see the ones can’t.

Only for some of the rides. IYKYK. :sas2:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Not quite a navy seal but I do have a master diver certification which is a step below instructor.

wearing a wetsuit, BCD and tank makes you practically drown proof

very comfortable swimming in open ocean and big lakes but where everybody needs to be cautious is surf area and rivers. Currents and waves can over take the best of swimmers. I wouldn't go out in that with anything less than a 3/4 wet wet suit.

wearing something like this is the cheat code for most open water swimming scenarios

LN2S-front_-_Medium__12877.1611092836.jpg
What about the wet suit makes swimming easier? Am i misunderstanding your post?

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Didn’t learn until I was a teenager but a good swimmer now. I take the kids to the pool once a week and get a few laps in myself.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Didn't give a fukk about swimming until i thought i was gone drown during hurricane Harvey. Now i still have interest to learn. Pandemic had kinda put a hold on that. Once i get it down I'm pretty sure I'ma be part amphibian