Essential SPIN: Official thread for current/modern Hip-Hop that's not being heard by the masses/top 40 radio

Bishop_BP_Jakes

Prophesying on your CD's and tapes
Daps
Reppin
3-3-6 Mafia

Props to One2Four web series, putting me on to many dope joints.

tumblr_ntp644plhF1s3gys4o1_400.gif

Goodness!

wilburn burchette

got his ass
Daps
Reppin
Felladelphila

this has become my favorite album as of late (dropped last year, just caught a vinyl release with SCM). jalal salaam can spit and has got his own thing going on, ewonee has got BEATS!

heady, dense raps over some dusted loops. "the world", "ragnarok", "no miracles" and "observe" are huge highlights for me but the whole album can rock straight through. might not be for everybody, fans of that chapel drive shyt posted before might dig it. ewonee had a beat on that as well.

@Morose Polymath @IronFist @OGBobbyJohnson @Keyser Soze @DrHackenbush @Danie84
@Deltron @Pinyapplesuckas @Wenzel Dashington @wilburn burchette @TheDarceKnight
@Billy Ocean @mobbinfms @tuckdog @R$G META @Zero @TrifeGod @FrankieLymon757
@Animal House @SoulController @JamieFoxxHairline @Detroit_blue @hustlemania @Lord Mecca @Piff Perkins

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

this has become my favorite album as of late (dropped last year, just caught a vinyl release with SCM). jalal salaam can spit and has got his own thing going on, ewonee has got BEATS!

heady, dense raps over some dusted loops. "the world", "ragnarok", "no miracles" and "observe" are huge highlights for me but the whole album can rock straight through. might not be for everybody, fans of that chapel drive shyt posted before might dig it. ewonee had a beat on that as well.

@Morose Polymath @IronFist @OGBobbyJohnson @Keyser Soze @DrHackenbush @Danie84
@Deltron @Pinyapplesuckas @Wenzel Dashington @wilburn burchette @TheDarceKnight
@Billy Ocean @mobbinfms @tuckdog @R$G META @Zero @TrifeGod @FrankieLymon757
@Animal House @SoulController @JamieFoxxHairline @Detroit_blue @hustlemania @Lord Mecca @Piff Perkins

giphy.gif

OK I can rock with this, the "observe" track sealed it for me. It has the same sample as "Lyrics" by A.L. Skills from the first Lyricist Lounge compilation and son was ripping it. Good Looks wilburn :salute: