Daps
the pre stillmatic ones are a reach
his first four album covers had da same except concept
just a different picture of his face
so i dont see how dat makes sense

he was a king on i am because of the king of ny thing
and was a prophet on nastardumus because of the year 2000 stuff

stillmatic wasnt "100 percent original"
god son was a followup of the stillmatic cover concept, looks nothin like da comparision

last supper and ****** albums ones were just dumb lol

The only possible reach was the sinbad/IWW comparison and the untitled comparison (it's just lash marks on a back, I'm sure there's plenty of examples).

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I find it funny that most ppl hate nas like jews hate nazis then say well no hate. Ether burns the jay fans very slow

choc city

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In all fairness, just like I said in the jay thread, there is an art director an photographer that probably come up with 99% of the artwork and they give the artist their vision and the artist either says yeah thats whats up or says can we add/subtract this and so on. And if youre a brand new artist, the label probably has almost all of the input as far as that goes... Juss sayin.

Daps
In all fairness, just like I said in the jay thread, there is an art director an photographer that probably come up with 99% of the artwork and they give the artist their vision and the artist either says yeah thats whats up or says can we add/subtract this and so on. And if youre a brand new artist, the label probably has almost all of the input as far as that goes... Juss sayin.

Well, Steve Stoute was exec for IWW, I Am..., Nastradamus, and GS, so the Weldon Irvine series might have been his.

The Slick Rick reference just seems like something Nas would do. It's a very obvious shout out (he fired Stoute for this album as well, so no Weldon on it).

AsAboveSoBelow

The Empire State
Daps
Reppin
Southside, Jamaica Queens
I mean, taken out of context most "homage" flips can and do look like biting but we can't really know unless we hear from Nasir himself or whoever was in charge of his art direction for those albums.

If they did get the inspiration from Weldon Irvine, it's not that bad in my opinion though because dude was relevant in the hip-hop world, as stated by his wiki page, from working with Mos Def, other artists, etc.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
the pre stillmatic ones are a reach
his first four album covers had da same except concept
just a different picture of his face
so i dont see how dat makes sense

he was a king on i am because of the king of ny thing
and was a prophet on nastardumus because of the year 2000 stuff

stillmatic wasnt "100 percent original"
god son was a followup of the stillmatic cover concept, looks nothin like da comparision

last supper and ****** albums ones were just dumb lol

you might just get the stans mad with this one though...

:whistle: