Spin: How does the Coli feel about Eric Roberts

Bone Bender

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And then there's this:

:blessed:

At the end of the video theres a clip of Mickey Rourke accepting an award and hes talking about Eric should be forgiven for something he did 20 years ago. Anyone know what hes referring too?

• Dap
Reactions: Oso

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
shout out to all 90s b movie stars the continuously had content on tv

Eric Roberts
Shannon Tweed
billy blanks
don the dragon wilson
lorenzo lamas
gary daniels
Daniel Bernhardt
sasha mitchell
Bolo Yeung
Michael Dudikoff
David Bradley

i could go on

I don't think Eric Roberts really fits in with that list...., they are half assed actors who come from either a martial arts background or were just plain bad generic actors...

He is/was a talented actor who fell into drugs/alcohol and then did a bunch of bad movies.. That's why he took such a huge dip in the 90's and by the mid to late 90's he was doing straight to VHS fare...... He's a pretty strong actor when motivated with the right material he just fukked off his career in it's early stage... the same goes for Steve Baeur (Monolo from Scarface) these guys have talent and could have been hugely respected actors but they fell into personal trouble..

LOL@Shannon Tweed... she was like the B/skinemax movie equivalent of Sharon Stone... Me and my cousin used to always try to catch her movies back in the day.

Daps
Reppin
Charlotte, North Carolina
And then there's this:

:blessed:

tumblr_mnitzka9lE1qd438eo6_500.gif

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
At the end of the video theres a clip of Mickey Rourke accepting an award and hes talking about Eric should be forgiven for something he did 20 years ago. Anyone know what hes referring too?

At the end of the 80's he got arrested for harrassing a girl and subsequently assaulting his arresting officer while drugged, on top of a history of domestic disputes that landed him in court a couple of times, although none of his partners ever pressed charges. He cleaned himself up during the mid-90's but Hollywood had pretty much spat him out by that point already. Rourke can relate because he came up with Roberts during the 80's and went through a similar downfall.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Incredibly underrated actor and good friend of Micky Rourke's since The Pope of Greenwich Village.

I hope he somehow makes a true comeback.

I doubt it, mostly because he's not seeking it. Actors with similar career downfalls like Mickey Rourke and Robert Downey Jr. made comebacks because they worked hard to get back in the spotlight. Roberts has no real desire to back in the spotlight, he's comfortable in the lane he's in where he gets work all year and often is the best actor in the movie by far without trying.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
I doubt it, mostly because he's not seeking it. Actors with similar career downfalls like Mickey Rourke and Robert Downey Jr. made comebacks because they worked hard to get back in the spotlight. Roberts has no real desire to back in the spotlight, he's comfortable in the lane he's in where he gets work all year and often is the best actor in the movie by far without trying.

You're probably right but he was in The Dark Knight n a bit role.

And Micky Rourke said he wishes Hollywood would give Roberts another chance during the Wrestler acclaim.

And Eric has always been bitter towards his sister when she was active.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Eric Roberts should have been one of those A-List stars of the 80s.
He was definitely one of the best actors.
Check out his early stuff like the Coca-Cola Kid or his (should have been career making) turn in Star 80.
Just on his name in the credits alone he can get me to watch some of the most terrible bullshyt just for the brief moments of him acting circles around everybody else.

TheGodling

Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Eric Roberts should have been one of those A-List stars of the 80s.
He was definitely one of the best actors.
Check out his early stuff like the Coca-Cola Kid or his (should have been career making) turn in Star 80.
Just on his name in the credits alone he can get me to watch some of the most terrible bullshyt just for the brief moments of him acting circles around everybody else.

In a sense Star 80 was his career making turn. That performance and the movies that followed (The Pope Of Greenwich Village, The Coca-Cola Kid and Runaway Train) solidified his position as one of Hollywood's rising stars. Then the drugs happened and the quest for quick money pushed him in the DTV-lane, causing his star to fade almost as fast as it had come to shine.

theflyest

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think Eric Roberts really fits in with that list...., they are half assed actors who come from either a martial arts background or were just plain bad generic actors...

He is/was a talented actor who fell into drugs/alcohol and then did a bunch of bad movies.. That's why he took such a huge dip in the 90's and by the mid to late 90's he was doing straight to VHS fare...... He's a pretty strong actor when motivated with the right material he just fukked off his career in it's early stage... the same goes for Steve Baeur (Monolo from Scarface) these guys have talent and could have been hugely respected actors but they fell into personal trouble..

LOL@Shannon Tweed... she was like the B/skinemax movie equivalent of Sharon Stone... Me and my cousin used to always try to catch her movies back in the day.

no he doesn't at all on a talent level. He's way more talented, but the reality is they all have one thing in common. They all held us down in the 90s. When nothing was on tv, you turned to one of those b movies to hold you down.

More shotouts

Cynthia Rothrock
Lance Henriksen
mark dacascos (drive with kadeem hardison & only the strong)
thomas ian griffith
Tia Carrere
jeff speakman
Andrew Stevens (seemed like dude was always in a shannon tweed movie)