Spin: ESPN NFL 2K5 Retrospective - The GREATEST Sports Video Game Ever

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Spinoff from this thread: https://www.thecoli.com/threads/the-fall-of-the-madden-nfl-series.703704/

Video is from the same dude that did video in that "The Fall of Madden" thread:

Why is ESPN NFL 2K5, the last 2K NFL game, considered the best sports video game of all time? What happened to the NFL 2K series? Why is Madden NFL the only football game in town? This is my retrospective on 2K5 along with some extra history. If you enjoyed this video, give it a like and subscribe!

ESPN NFL 2K5 Soundtrack playlist: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqxKO...

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This game was the first to actually have a sportscenter recap after every week, Madden tried to do a NFL Network version of that with real people and it was horrible. The only thing the current Madden has over 2K5 now is graphics, the fact that you could add custom music for different situations(i.e TDs, first downs, sacks) made it more creative. Not to mention the run blocking and interceptions are still better than any Madden game ever. I've honestly had more fun playing Madden on the older consoles than the current ones. NFL 2K5 is simply the greatest football game ever created, and I don't think that any game will ever be able to top it. I still play it with the updated rosters.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Jesus Christ you fukkin cornballs won’t let this shyt go holy shyt.

It’s been fukkin 15 years and you motherless fukks are still talkin bout this overrated ass game.

You liked this shyt cause it was fukkin $19.99 that’s the only reason why nikka

I had the shyt and the running game was trash. It had a halftime highlight show big fukkin deal Madden had that in like 1993

fukk outta here :pacspit:

Lame ass nikkas

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Jesus Christ you fukkin cornballs won’t let this shyt go holy shyt.

It’s been fukkin 15 years and you motherless fukks are still talkin bout this overrated ass game.

You liked this shyt cause it was fukkin $19.99 that’s the only reason why nikka

I had the shyt and the running game was trash. It had a halftime highlight show big fukkin deal Madden had that in like 1993

fukk outta here :pacspit:

Lame ass nikkas
giphy.gif

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I’ve never been a big football fan outside of maybe one summer in middle school but I still played the shyt out of this game:wow:

Designing your crib and playing the celebrity teams was some next level shyt:wow:

Didn’t EA grab the rights for the NFL after this came out? 2K must’ve had them SHOOK putting out better games at a third of the price