Spin: Does anyone think they turned out better because pops wasn't around?

Avion

The Man in the Mask
Daps
Reppin
The Carolinas
Absolutely

My father is a con man currently on the run. My mother emphasized education above everything and lived in a "quiet" part of town, where there was no trouble for me to get into. As such, I'm currently in college (being the first male on his side of the family to graduate high school) and I don't have a record (the only person on his side of the family without one). Don't even like to imagine what I would have been like with his guidance :huhldup:

ClassyME

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere between OH & NV
Haven't seen my dad since I was 6. Its not because he's a deadbeat or anything, shyt just happened. I grew up taking to him on the phone every week or every two Weeks.

I turned out fine tho.

JulesWinfield

TheBrehdrenMovement
Daps
:manny: probably known my dad for about 4 years all together. dreaming up make believe scenarios is silly at this point.

i doubt my life would have turned out like this if he was around anyway :pachaha:
FATHERS+DAY-3.jpg

Blown Moon

All Star
Daps
I didn't grow up with either one of my parents. Well, my mom came into my life when I was 16.

I think overall I ended up better with out them because they couldn't raise me properly if they tried, but I know for sure I didn't develop certain coping mechanisms to life that you're supposed to develop as kid because of their missing presence.

The people who raised me did the best that they could, but you are affected by not having one or both of your parents around.

I know two dude that grew up without either parent and they are some grimey I'm getting mine no matter what kind of dudes. Did your upbringing make you cold like them?

Avion said:
Absolutely

My father is a con man currently on the run. My mother emphasized education above everything and lived in a "quiet" part of town, where there was no trouble for me to get into. As such, I'm currently in college (being the first male on his side of the family to graduate high school) and I don't have a record (the only person on his side of the family without one). Don't even like to imagine what I would have been like with his guidance

Congrats

Will Ross said:
You need both parents remember your moms is not perfect either.

You don't need both parents, being fatherless is just an opportunity to become your own man. A woman can't raise a man, so if your mother has a huge impact on the type of man you become you just chose to be bytch made instead of being self made. :yeshrug:

I do think it's best for women to have both parents though.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Never met my biological father...and my step father was in and out of the house...full blown alcoholic and drug addict...in high school i use to come home late on a friday and this nikka is in my room going through my change jar...:shaq2: and this one dude at school who stayed close to a crack house use to be like "man i see your pops around that mufukka all the time :rudy:

He clean and sober now...pretty sad...he wants to have a father son relationship but i don't feel obligated to have one with him...last time i was home he sat down to have a heart to heart with me and i stopped him halfway through it like "nikka i seen u steal 10 dollars from under my bed to go get high :stopitslime:fukk all this heart to heart shyt"

Never looked at it like missing a father...can't miss what you never had...:manny: