Spin: Batman:'The Animated Series' 25th anniversary

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I remember watching the sneak-peak of Batman:TAS premiere on Sunday, never seen anything like it as the music (Shirley Walker RIP), story, and Kevin Conroy drew me in until this very day. As I often have said to my friends and people on message boards, the last scene with the Ferries in TDK felt like a live-action conversion of something Hamill's Joker would do...right down to the deranged dogs.

Hardac, Dr. Freeze, Penguin, Croc, Clayface, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Scarecrow, Joker, Man-Bat, R'as Ghul, Talia, were evil sure, but it wasn't as black and white as we often got their backstories on how they came to be. Batman:TAS didn't have a magic reset button and the characters had to live with their consequences of their actions, even Batman which is what made the show a rich tapestry of action, drama, and suspense.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
X-Men was cool, and I was an X-Men/Marvel stan but as an adult I can admit TAS was always better on every level. Animation wise it's not contest. Episode wise there are way more standout TAS episodes than X-Men. I'm not shytting on X-Men, it was cool. But TAS is probably the GOAT.

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
X-Men was cool, and I was an X-Men/Marvel stan but as an adult I can admit TAS was always better on every level. Animation wise it's not contest. Episode wise there are way more standout TAS episodes than X-Men. I'm not shytting on X-Men, it was cool. But TAS is probably the GOAT.
Marvel got the movies but they can't fukk with D.C. when it comes to animation and that's a fact :sas1:

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
theres no thread on Superman TAS but I had a random thought about how weird it was that Zod never made an appearance on that show

I think they wanted to keep the tones of the Donner films and DCAU separated. Having Zod in there would make most people at the time think of Reeves/Stamp since it was only 15-16 years earlier.