Spider-Man, Helldivers, FF7 and Rise of the Ronin all within a 6 month timespan, Sony on a legendary run rn

Daps
I am legit excited about Rise of the Ronin. Ghost of Tsushima was my favorite Sony first-party game last generation. This is going to scratch that itch.

I enjoyed Spidey also.

FFVII and Helldivers don't interest me, but there's some good variety here early in the year. Interested to see what Sony does to highlight games for the end of the year with so few first-party developers ready to show something. I'm fine with third-party agreements and second-party games, but Sony does need to get the rest of their devs on that Insomniac time.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
am legit excited about Rise of the Ronin. Ghost of Tsushima was my favorite Sony first-party game last generation. This is going to scratch that itch.

For me it’s probably just gonna scratch the Nioh 3 itch rather than the Tsushima itch. I expect Twoshima to be a graphical showcase and technical achievement.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

Reminds me of the Run the the PS4 had in 2020

FF7 Remake - April 10, 2020
TLOU Part 2 - June 19 - 2020
Ghost of Tsushima - July 17 2020

Incredible run to close out the PS4 era :wow:
Held it down during COVID

It’s gonna be backloaded (:dame: ) again also. ND, Santa Monica, Bluepoint, Housemarque, Suckerpunch and all the new studios will have games dropping over the next 3 years

Daps
For me it’s probably just gonna scratch the Nioh 3 itch rather than the Tsushima itch. I expect Twoshima to be a graphical showcase and technical achievement.
Tsushima X Nioh is a great pitch for a game, though. I don't like the whole Dark Souls-esque horror-fantasy approach, but I love historical epics. Nioh mechanics in a game set in historical Japan instead of a horror-fantasy world is perfect for me.

Daps

Reminds me of the Run the the PS4 had in 2020

FF7 Remake - April 10, 2020
TLOU Part 2 - June 19 - 2020
Ghost of Tsushima - July 17 2020

Incredible run to close out the PS4 era :wow:
Held it down during COVID
2020 was insane in general. I put 100+ hours into Animal Crossing and Hades and then another 80+ into Tsushima.

Perfect time for a bunch of great games with hours of gameplay to hit.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Tsushima X Nioh is a great pitch for a game, though. I don't like the whole Dark Souls-esque horror-fantasy approach, but I love historical epics. Nioh mechanics in a game set in historical Japan instead of a horror-fantasy world is perfect for me.

Part of me kind of hopes that Twoshima mixes in a lot of folklore into the story again. I liked that aspect of the game a lot, but yeah..i prefer the grounded historical approach rather than Onimusha type stuff

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
As someone who enjoyed nioh and wo long, ronin don’t look that good.

Graphics are kinda bad, nothings been shown about the combat that makes it look better than the aforementioned games and the open world looks kinda pointless.

Really wish they would just make a Ninja Gaiden game :francis:

Daps
Part of me kind of hopes that Twoshima mixes in a lot of folklore into the story again. I liked that aspect of the game a lot, but yeah..i prefer the grounded historical approach rather than Onimusha type stuff
Folklore is good. I don't need complete realism. I like that a golden bird implied to be the spirit of Jin's dead mother would guide you to important quests and weapons.

Tsushima had the right mix of folklore and historical grounding for me. Looking forward to that sequel. They should find some money to beef Sucker Punch up so they can have two teams developing two different projects, but it's more likely that layoffs are coming to Sony devs considering Sony's last quarterly.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Folklore is good. I don't need complete realism. I like that a golden bird implied to be the spirit of Jin's dead mother would guide you to important quests and weapons.

Tsushima had the right mix of folklore and historical grounding for me. Looking forward to that sequel. They should find some money to beef Sucker Punch up so they can have two teams developing two different projects, but it's more likely that layoffs are coming to Sony devs considering Sony's last quarterly.

Yeah, i feel like you can’t really have a true samurai epic without a bit a spiritualism/folklore mixed in. Even just being able to change the weather with your flute, little things like that are nice touches without being outrageous.

The lightning battle is one of my favorites in that game