Spider-Man Director hints at possible Daredevil content

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Just watched Bryan Intihar talk about Spider-Man 2 over at IGN.

Good talk overall but what surprised me the most was Bryan's answer when asked about the Daredevil reference from the first game that is now missing:
"That's a good question. Stay tuned. Good find, though."

Question and answers at 1:02:00

the Foggy Murdoch office has an eviction notice on the door and their plaque is removed. Also, at the end of sandman’s questline Peter says he has good lawyer friends he can call to help him.

spider-man-and-daredevil-dc-comics.jpg

Last edited:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
They should go crazy with DLC in this game. I think they have the engine and assets, so they could do some crazy stuff like having a Defender DLC package. I think it would be dope to play as Luke Cage, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and other street level heroes in NY. Unsure if Insomniac wants to go that route, but I wouldn't mind that tbh.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
They should go crazy with DLC in this game. I think they have the engine and assets, so they could do some crazy stuff like having a Defender DLC package. I think it would be dope to play as Luke Cage, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and other street level heroes in NY. Unsure if Insomniac wants to go that route, but I wouldn't mind that tbh.

Might be a licensing nightmare

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Oh, I thought they had free reigns with Marvel characters, but you're probably right.

He said in one of the interviews they gotta get permission for each marvel license they include. So to do all of the defenders would probably be a logistics nightmare since its not a defenders game.

He also mentions that they are in talks with marvel for one other thing, he didn’t say whether it was content for spider-man, wolverine, or osmething else entirely

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
He said in one of the interviews they gotta get permission for each marvel license they include. So to do all of the defenders would probably be a logistics nightmare since its not a defenders game.

He also mentions that they are in talks with marvel for one other thing, he didn’t say whether it was content for spider-man, wolverine, or osmething else entirely
Gotcha, most likely better off just getting permission for certain characters and go from there.

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY

Please God let it be a Hulk or Thor game. We already got Iron Man and Black Panther from different studies coming up, I want some kick ass heavy brawling

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Daredevil?
:wow:
Please.
I want it. Catholic guilt, blind martial arts, Kingpin nemesis.

If you've read Daredevil he's probably the most consistently well written character. Has enough flaws and groundedness to be impressive and relatable. Unlike Superman who is very difficult to create a videogame around.

Canon

Veteran
Daps

I can't imagine it would be hard to the get the denfenders tho

not doing much with them and they would fit right in

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Please God let it be a Hulk or Thor game. We already got Iron Man and Black Panther from different studies coming up, I want some kick ass heavy brawling
:noah:

I want Insominac to go absolutely ham with Marvel

Imagine an incredible Ultimate Alliance type game from them

:banderas:

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Daredevil?
:wow:
Please.
I want it. Catholic guilt, blind martial arts, Kingpin nemesis.

If you've read Daredevil he's probably the most consistently well written character. Has enough flaws and groundedness to be impressive and relatable. Unlike Superman who is very difficult to create a videogame around.

Daredevil is in my top Marvel comics list, dudes books are entertaining as fukk. I got into him when Kevin Smith wrote that Mysterio story :wow:

Id kill for a Daredevil, Punisher, Moon Knight, Luke Cage centered game. Just hella grounded, grimey New York street level hero shyt. Like the Shadowland Arc but as a game