Spec Ops: The Line still hunts me.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
A PS+ treasure for me. Probably would've never played it had it not been given. Great title with a pretty well written sp campaign. Word of mouth didn't lie.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Wait this game was good? How I miss this? I was a shooter game fiend back then
A lot of people missed this one breh. The marketing for it was so generic in a way, that it simply look like a regular call of duty shooter face wise, and it played a little less like one too, I'm pretty sure some people who played this when first came was on some, "Breh this shyt trash." and never play it again, while others started seeing things like, "What's wrong with the main character? Why is he acting weird? What is this feeling I'm getting for just a regular FPS shooter? Why do they keep asking the main character questions?"

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I didn’t have PS+ for PS3 so I definitely bought the game...can’t remember what made me take a chance on it...I think a few ppl on another forum I used to frequent were raving about it so I gave it a chance

*edit*

ya I’m looking now...there were 2 dedicated threads in '09 and '10 that ppl on that forum ignored...but in '12 there were a couple more threads that had a lot of activity in them...those threads hipped me to the demo which I liked and ultimately I purchased the game

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
I remember back in the 7th grade me and a friend were talking about sad games, I told him about RDR1 and the mindfukk of an ending, he told me about spec ops

:ehh:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This game stuck with me for a long time. I think about it when playing the Division 2 because of how it contextually changed how I view shooters.

I never realized this until you mention it...but i compare every military themed shooter story to this game :ohhh:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I never realized this until you mention it...but i compare every military themed shooter story to this game :ohhh:

The first thing I did when playing the Division 1 was think about how easy it would be to throw a twist in there and watch as you were given government-backed authority to immediately gun down any civilian you ran across.

Running up to looters and unloading a goddamn drone strike on them just because you saw breaking into Walmart for food and water.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
Levels to this shyt brehs.:wow:
PASUAsXt_o.png

I never noticed, how the enemies react after shooting them. One guy was chocking on his own blood, holding his neck for dear life, then dropped dead. :picard:

Jonah

XBOT Suicide Prevention Squad
Daps
Reppin
Cali Crew
still aint MGS level of fukked up :ohhh:

Last edited:

James Gordon

Superstar
Daps
The white phosphorous part of the game told me I wasn't just playing any ol military shooter.

It made me think about how often shyt like that happens in real life :francis:

You can't just say "oops" to that kind of shyt :francis:

Vs.

That's the most fvcked part of the game to me

Rakim Allah

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles

After watching GVMERS video of spec ops: the line, it gave me the creepy vibes that I had when I first experienced it as a free game on PS+ on the PS3 years ago.:lupe:
I thought nothing of it, I felt like it was nothing special, and it definitely was mediocre with it's barely passable gameplay, but boy this game played the hell out of me. I give this game the most respect for what it was. Still can't believe 2K green lit this.:wow:
About to download this on PC, and play it again. It's been some years since I touch it.:whoo:

Playing it for the first time on PS Now.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Never played this. Missed 80% of ps3/Xbox 360 games
The last era of AA games. Man, you missed out on some bangers. Now all you get is one or two great games a years, over produced garbage, or indie game.

I think last year best AA games was Terminator, and Outer Wilds. That's sad.