Speaking of necessary: anyone else throw BCAA's in the bushes?

IrateMastermind

All Star
Supporter
Daps
LOL you defensive AF right now, ain't nobody worried about a picture. I asked you what benefits you got from it. You could just say A, B and C. It's not that difficult family.

I told you what you need to know. Tangible, ask for something specific. You’re fishing for something. Faster mass gains it’s tangible enough for most people. You want a science project. Good luck

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I told you what you need to know. Tangible, ask for something specific. You’re fishing for something. Faster mass gains it’s tangible enough for most people. You want a science project. Good luck
i guess the question is, how can you account for bcaa's being the reason you gained? did you control for everything for one year, then do the exact same thing for a year + BCAA? when people are into fitness, you're always tweaking or changing something, even if it's effort and focus, add to the fact our mental, physical (sometimes our bodies cooperate other times they don't) or even the seasons also play a role, it's hard to say this ONE supplement changed the whole game for me...if it did, then :hubie:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
You never said that but carry on as you were.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Threw bcaa and creatine in the bushes. All I take now is whey, zma, vitamin d, and a good healthy diet. Not trying to be swore anyway, just lean. :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Amused Mastery

All Star
Daps
Reppin
DMV
I've had good results with a combination of EAAs and creatine. EAAs help with faster recovery and are great to sip on during a workout, creatine is a nice strength buff that helps me hit PRs that I normally wouldn't be able to.

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
I hate supplements and think they're hype. But BCAAs 100% make a big difference when you powerlifting and cuttiing at the same time.

Plus I lift first thing in the morning before I eat.

If you lifting fasted around the 75-95% of your 1RM, you'll notice the difference, wish I had known about BCAAs earlier.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As soon as all of the studies started to drop I got rid of BCAAs i only purchased a handful of supplements and xtend by scivation was my shyt but once i realized i got enough from protein and it didnt really produce anything meaningful for me i stopped.

At the end of the day im just as good sipping on kool aid or some shyt intra workout

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
BCAA's are interesting.

Your money is better spent elsewhere if you're taking it for muscle building. I, too, threw them in the bushes once they (and Layne Norton's work) didn't show any difference in this department.

But they definitely alter brain chemistry. BCAAs compete with other "large neutral amino acids" for uptake in the brain, tryptophan and tyrosine being of note. A strategy of adding small amounts of tyrosine or phenylalanine to BCAAs (if taken on an empty stomach), or pairing BCAAs with meat ensures only tryptophan uptake is inhibited. This lowers serotonin synthesis and produces an overall dopaminergic effect.

Tried it daily for a month. Was never tired after morning exercise, hunger increased, and I was fukkin more often. Worked as expected.

The point: BCAAs have their legit uses. :ehh:

hazardous

All Star
Daps
Never noticed anything when I take these other then it making water taste better :yeshrug: