Spanish People, Can you tell differences in Spanish Accents?

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Like with English, you different accents depending on nationality and region. Can you tell where someone is from based on how they speak Spanish?

Can you differentiate between Mexicans, Cubans and Spaniards based on accents?

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
:russ: @ calling these mutt lapdogs "Spanish."

Let one of these Hectors go walking thru the steets of Andalucia, Cadiz, or San Sebastian, talking about "Hola mi hermano!" :mjpls:

Quit calling them "Spanish." :damn: They're COLONIES of Spain. :pachaha:

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
To me, it's not accents, it's tempo. My mom speaks that Mexican Spanish that's kinda midrange in spittin speed, sometimes slowin to make a point, like a word can stretch like a pendulum. There's that hint of hood nikka word stress, which is prolly why my daddy was feelin her :lolbron:

Them Caribbean Spanish speakin peoples be on that quick ass Big Pun shyt. My Spanish ain't that great, but them nikkas might as well be spittin Wookie to me when they try talking :laugh:

The slowest I heard came from my homie's wife, who's Guatemalan. shyt's like the Spanish dub for Eeyore :heh:

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
Yes, yes I can.

Mexicans - orale guey
Colombian - Hola parce
Ecuadorian - dara dando no (I know an ecuadorian guy and he says this a lot so I figure it's ecuadorian :russ:)
bootleg mexicans(PR/DR) Hola papi mira ven aqui

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
I'm friends with a Venezuelan girl and I swear she knows and can differentiate between every single Spanish accent there is

shyt has me on some :bpwtf: type shyt because they all sound the same to me :manny:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:russ: @ calling these mutt lapdogs "Spanish."

Let one of these Hectors go walking thru the steets of Andalucia, Cadiz, or San Sebastian, talking about "Hola mi hermano!" :mjpls:

Quit calling them "Spanish." :damn: They're COLONIES of Spain. :pachaha:

Don't derail my thread. You know what i mean.

Tommy Knocks

retired
Daps
Reppin
iPaag
To me, it's not accents, it's tempo. My mom speaks that Mexican Spanish that's kinda midrange in spittin speed, sometimes slowin to make a point, like a word can stretch like a pendulum. There's that hint of hood nikka word stress, which is prolly why my daddy was feelin her :lolbron:

Them Caribbean Spanish speakin peoples be on that quick ass Big Pun shyt. My Spanish ain't that great, but them nikkas might as well be spittin Wookie to me when they try talking :laugh:

The slowest I heard came from my homie's wife, who's Guatemalan. shyt's like the Spanish dub for Eeyore :heh:

I asked my boy who's spanish and he said the same thing.