Southern Slave labor is what made NYC the financial capital of the world

Superstar
Daps
I mean, does this surprise you?

Slavery was a business.

Businesses need capital.

Banks provide capital.

So every bank that can trace its history that far back probably gave loans to slaveholders.

:manny:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I thought more money went through London than anywhere else. I might be wrong.

Anyways the Chicago Board of Trade (now the CME) was formed in like 1850. I never thought about slaves being involved though.

I always was told that Chicago controls the financial world.
That's why you see criminals like Obama Al Capone and Rahm Emanuel come from there.

emoney

custom user title
Daps
I thought more money went through London than anywhere else. I might be wrong.

Anyways the Chicago Board of Trade (now the CME) was formed in like 1850. I never thought about slaves being involved though.

yup London is the financial capital of the world

NYC is the financial capital of America

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
:deadrose:this thread is stupid as fukk. :scusthov:

another white person trying to tell black people what they should or should not be offended by.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
hey brehs i heard that rape was the main way cavemen reproduced with women back in the stone age. I hope none of you let your daughters date any men. better to be lesbian than support a sex that used rape women on the reg.

keon

imma hitta by myself
Supporter
Daps
If you investigate any old money institution, you will likely find a link to slavery or discrimination. I'm sorry, I mean to say, any institution period.

Not sure what the point of this thread is, but discouraging blacks from pursuing a career in economics or banking is certainly not going to assuage our collective history.

providing information is the point of this thread, and i never said that we shouldn't pursue a career in economics or banking.

NYC isnt the fianacial capital of the world

HONG KONG is the worlds fincanial capital has been since 2010

well, the article was published in 2008 so :manny:

:deadrose:this thread is stupid as fukk. :scusthov:

another white person trying to tell black people what they should or should not be offended by.

:what:

the only thing stupid in this thread is you, because im black and so is the person that wrote the article

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My money has never been in any of those banks. America built by slaves still treats the descendents like shyt. No reparations ever given or even respect to tell the truth in schools. To tell the truth im not sutprised.

Domingo Halliburton

Handmade in USA
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn Without Limits
I always was told that Chicago controls the financial world.
That's why you see criminals like Obama Al Capone and Rahm Emanuel come from there.

You could probably say chicago is the biggest in the sense that is where a lot of futures and derivatives are traded. The notional value is probably in the 10s to 100s of trillions of dollars. And by notional I mean the number the media reports to scare people, not the actual amount of money being risked to make these trades.