Sony's "Playstation Now" Service announcement

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
How low we talking? :usure:

And will we be able to play full-fledged online MP games against others using PS Now as well?
From The Verge's article on Gaikai

The secret, the company tells me, is that each new partner pays for their own set of dedicated servers in Gaikai's cloud, such that every time there's a new company, the whole network expands that much more and thus lowers the latency to end users. Each partner that isn't using their full capacity at a given moment leaves that much additional bandwidth for others to stream their games...

If Sony continues with this model of scaling, Gaikai/Now will essentially act as a CDN for game studio servers.

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
So cloud gaming is cool now? lol @ the contradictions coming from this.
if cloud is used to hinder the customer and not provide much to offset that with benefits, then yeah, we should all be against cloud computing. if it provides lots of value relative to what you are giving up, then we should be happy. bringing back old games that may be hard to get and expensive is a great way for this service to be worthwhile. you want to spend $300+ on suikoden 2 or just stream it on a PS4 for a small monthly fee? all that xbone DRM and NSA spying for new, easy to get games was garbage.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I really dont trust this at all. Its gonna be super laggy when its released, watch.

ChrisDorner

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hell
So cloud gaming is cool now? lol @ the contradictions coming from this.
Oh shut the fukk up nikka :why:

We shyt on Xbox cloud because all it does as of today is play your game when you aren't playing

We STREAMING full games over here nikka :umad:

Ronald

Daps
268582-new.jpg

What's neat is that multiplayer works between proper console games and cloud games. I learned that Sony was testing Journey with console players with them having no idea they were paired with cloud players.

http://www.destructoid.com/playstation-now-really-works--268582.phtml

:banderas: hope it drops in Canada this Summer too

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Same here.
I've had an eye on it for a few months now that the library is slowly getting some games I'm interested in. This pretty much seals the deal on me purchasing one.

Yeah, think I'm gonna cop one by the end of this month.