Sony’s cross gen strategy doesn’t seem to be working

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
keep telling nikkaz that these 3rd party devs are 100% gonna cater to Playstation Gamers with the way these numbers continue to look.

:whistle:
I don't know enough about consumer behavior to have predicted this, but in hindsight it's wild that Microsoft created a product that actively trains their install base not to buy games. The highly paid psychologists who work in their product division should have been able to see this coming.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I don't know enough about consumer behavior to have predicted this, but in hindsight it's wild that Microsoft created a product that actively trains their install base not to buy games. The highly paid psychologists who work in their product division should have been able to see this coming.

for 1st party games, I get it.

But with the multitude of big 3rd party developers, this isn't good for Team Green.

I'd flex if I'm Sony if we being honest.

"Our customers are bringing in the vast majority of revenue for your titles, how bout some exclusive shyt on the side :sas1: "

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
So clearly y'all nikkaz retarded :stopitslime:

Ghost of Tsushima sold over 90% on PS5 despite the fact that there are way more PS4s out there than PS5s. Seems to me like people with PS4s are waiting to buy a PS5 before playing these games rather than play them on their PS4s. And it’s not just GOT either, Miles Morales and a lot of other games released on both platforms saw the PS5 versions selling way more. Generations matter and people want to move on.

Ok :mjlol: sohh let's remove the Sony games for one second. Minecraft would be #2?

Nothing odd about that? No questions as to why or nothing huh man? That entire top 10 looks suspect. and if you look at the previous week rankings and then this week you see that number two and three jumped up a bunch of spots so sales are based off of the games actually going on sale that week. not an actual representation of how sales are for that title in general it's the one week's spike that is being spun into something it isn't.

THIS IS THE LENGTHS SONY STANS GO TO FAKE LIKE ANYONE CARES ABOUT SONY STILL :laff:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
for 1st party games, I get it.

But with the multitude of big 3rd party developers, this isn't good for Team Green.

I'd flex if I'm Sony if we being honest.

"Our customers are bringing in the vast majority of revenue for your titles, how bout some exclusive shyt on the side :sas1: "

i also think it's generally the fact that there are more gamers on playstation than there are on xbox. Its the reason why nintendo sells like it does in japan just because people are in the nintendo eco system already and wil continue buying all their games on it. Once you overtake a certain market it's pretty hard to turn that around now

Thats why I don't see this big paradigm shift happening due to gamepass. 115 million people had a ps4 and a lot of their gaming libraries on there. It's more likely now people don't jump back and forth between console generations anymore. they will go where their friends and gaming libraries were last gen.

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
Most ps4 users that wanted to play that game already played it, PS5 on the other hands is starving for games.