Sony's 1st party multiplayer offerings this gen has been pretty bad

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Since we being honest I'll do the same...
Last gen despite MSFT having better MP games overall, Sony had a few decent MP games from their 1st party studios.

You had Uncharted 2/3, Killzone 2/3, The Last of Us, Warhawk, Resistance 2/3, Littlebigplanet and Grant Turismo. There's a few others that don't come to mind though.

This gen though?? Sony completely dropped the ball.

Uncharted 4's MP overall was a disappointment in terms of support from Naughty Dog.
Killzone Shadowfall was garbage compared to KZ2.
Driveclub was buggy and now it's been delisted forever.
TLOU 2 is coming with no MP.
LittlebigPlanet 3 sucked.
Uncharted Collection shipping with NO MP and to make matters worse shutting down the servers for UC2 and 3 while not having backwards compatibility so now an entire era flushed down the toilet.

I hope this coming gen they create new MP titles either as part of the main game or just standalone that can hold it's own. At least on Xbox I can still boot up any Halo game, Gears and Forza game from 10 years ago and still play it.
I did not know they shut down uncharted 2/3 :damn:
On a serious note, if games become playable on other consoles no way Microsoft doesn't revive uncharted multiplayer. Sony gamers kinda disrespected uncharted and it never recovered...
I keep hearing they're reviving Socom for next gen
I liked Socom 4, ditto with uncharted 3.

Sony gamers did not fukk with either of those titles and in socom's case was a comeback attempt that you guys shytted on so i wouldn't expect a sequel but... eventually, sure why not :manny:
The way they just cut off Uncharted, then no TLOU2 MP was some BS.
Completely agreed

And can some of yall fukkin read?
Uncharted 2 MP :wow:

This gen been straight up trashhhh with 1st party MP games
See, this is why Sony don't even fukk with y'all. Uncharted was the best thing Sony had going last gen. Then uncharted 3 came out right after mass effect 3. Sony gamers acted like that game was more important, uncharted 3 didn't have bosses like it did in pt.2, but the multiplayer?

UC3 was amazing, especially at first with the realistic shooting mechanics. Sony gamers complained and they got rid of it :to: at this point the majority passed on it altogether. It went back to uncharted 2 physics, added uncharted 2 levels to the multiplayer playlist, but only myself and the op remained. I am personally upset with Sony gamers over how it worked out, i don't blame Sony here. Uncharted would still be a big deal if it was on xbox (Ryse and sunset overdrive would have been big on playstation tho)

That's my 2 cents

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
There aren't a lot of multiplayer exclusive console games anymore imo

Shooters, I can play on PC

Fighting Games, PC outside Sam Sho & Smash.

MMOs & Sport Games, same as previous 2.

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
Why spend that capital when you get deals with third parties? Invest in your talent to do what they want.

Also Bloodbourne exists and running chalices with friends is fun as fukk and only on PS.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Predator Hunting Grounds actually looks pretty dope imo

Friday The 13th is actually pretty fun but SUPER unpolished. I hope they do better with a Sony budget

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Glad I got out that scene :wow: Sony blessed me this gen with SP. Multiplats covered the scarce MP I still do play

Canon

Veteran
Daps
Sony has a nice strategy with a focus on sp and letting 3rd parties do the multi stuff

Mp games can be the big moneymakers tho. They should invest some coins there.

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
Who would limit their player base to one console nowadays? Single exclusives are one thing but multi-player would just be bad business.

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This is facts. Remaster War hawk and bring shyt like Resistance 2 co op back with a modem aspects. Uncharted 3 subway promotion MP pre patch was:ohlawd: