Sony's 1st party multiplayer offerings this gen has been pretty bad

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Last gen despite MSFT having better MP games overall, Sony had a few decent MP games from their 1st party studios.

You had Uncharted 2/3, Killzone 2/3, The Last of Us, Warhawk, Resistance 2/3, Littlebigplanet and Grant Turismo. There's a few others that don't come to mind though.

This gen though?? Sony completely dropped the ball.

Uncharted 4's MP overall was a disappointment in terms of support from Naughty Dog.
Killzone Shadowfall was garbage compared to KZ2.
Driveclub was buggy and now it's been delisted forever.
TLOU 2 is coming with no MP.
LittlebigPlanet 3 sucked.
Uncharted Collection shipping with NO MP and to make matters worse shutting down the servers for UC2 and 3 while not having backwards compatibility so now an entire era flushed down the toilet.

I hope this coming gen they create new MP titles either as part of the main game or just standalone that can hold it's own. At least on Xbox I can still boot up any Halo game, Gears and Forza game from 10 years ago and still play it.

tl;dr Sony's multiplayer support for their 1st party games have been pretty weak compared to last generation.

Last edited:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Last gen despite MSFT having better MP games overall, Sony had a few decent MP games from their 1st party studios.

You had Uncharted 2/3, Killzone 2/3, The Last of Us, Warhawk, Resistance 2/3, Littlebigplanet and Grant Turismo. There's a few others that don't come to mind though.

This gen though?? Sony completely dropped the ball.

Uncharted 4's MP overall was a disappointment in terms of support from Naughty Dog.
Killzone Shadowfall was garbage compared to KZ2.
Driveclub was buggy and now it's been delisted forever.
TLOU 2 is coming with no MP.
LittlebigPlanet 3 sucked.
Uncharted Collection shipping with NO MP and to make matters worse shutting down the servers for UC2 and 3 while not having backwards compatibility so now an entire era flushed down the toilet.

I hope this coming gen they create new MP titles either as part of the main game or just standalone that can hold it's own. At least on Xbox I can still boot up any Halo game, Gears and Forza game from 10 years ago and still play it.
nikka just skipped HZD GOW and spiderman like they aint never come out

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
The way they just cut off Uncharted, then no TLOU2 MP was some BS.
Completely agreed

And can some of yall fukkin read?