Sony winding down Japan Studios

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If people don't buy the games, the studios don't last - it's business.

And look at the list of titles, they all ahve sequels despite their predecessors not doing well commercially. I’ve seen studios get bushed with the failure of one title.

EvGFuB9VoAEPHA3

I liked a lot of these games but at the end of day it’s...

200.gif

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I love Gravity Daze :wow:

But anyone could see this coming... Sony's focus has been gearing more western for the last 2 gens.

kevm3

follower of Jesus
Supporter
Daps
Issue is that the Japanese market don't want console games. They want handheld games. The kind of games that Japan studios makes doesn't have any real audience on ps5 in Japan since they are predominately switch over there.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I need to reiterate how hypocritical it is for people to cry about the failing for Japan Studio and say sony hates eastern gamers and all this rhetoric I’m seeing today.

But in different forums, including this one i see people scoff at the stylized/inventive games or just completely ignore them. Games like solar ash which looks like Gravity Rush 3, or Sifu which has a stylized comic look. A lot of people also didn’t give The Pathless a chance and it was a really enjoyable and budgeted title.

So when people complain about certain kinds of games failing and that sony only cares about making “movie” games we know why. It’s like people will shyt on sony and its fans for only caring about bid budget cinematic games, but come into threads with state of plays and say it was trash if they don’t only focus on those games

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Damn shame.

Its kinda like NY rap trying to be southern/Chicago inspired, the same thing with Sony catering to Western Audiences at the expense of the Japanese studios that make the most creative games.

So Sony being reduced to a more efficient M$ and Nintendo taking over Japan entirely.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Damn shame.

Its kinda like NY rap trying to be southern/Chicago inspired, the same thing with Sony catering to Western Audiences at the expense of the Japanese studios that make the most creative games.

So Sony being reduced to a more efficient M$ and Nintendo taking over Japan entirely.

They’re simply going to where the money is.

Daps
Damn shame.

Nintendo runs Japan

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
I need to reiterate how hypocritical it is for people to cry about the failing for Japan Studio and say sony hates eastern gamers and all this rhetoric I’m seeing today.

But in different forums, including this one i see people scoff at the stylized/inventive games or just completely ignore them. Games like solar ash which looks like Gravity Rush 3, or Sifu which has a stylized comic look. A lot of people also didn’t give The Pathless a chance and it was a really enjoyable and budgeted title.

So when people complain about certain kinds of games failing and that sony only cares about making “movie” games we know why. It’s like people will shyt on sony and its fans for only caring about bid budget cinematic games, but come into threads with state of plays and say it was trash if they don’t only focus on those games

Solar Ash will probably do fine.. since Hyper Light did fine and was talked about.

Outside of that.. yea

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Solar Ash will probably do fine.. since Hyper Light did fine and was talked about.

Outside of that.. yea

I mean i actually play those games so i should be the one most upset about it. I loved gravity rush 2 and last guardian, and i like smaller indie games like these.

we gotta be real and admit the majority of the population only wants to see games like this on nintendo consoles