Sony TV/Film Divisions are up for grabs!!!! :wow::banderas:

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
I want Disney to just get Spider-Man and Ghostbusters,because in their hands the properties will be cared for

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I
This would be terrible for the film business if another one of the major film companies buy them.
Yea shyt's not looking good for the future of film. Paramount looking shaky too and they may not be around for long. Lionsgate possibly being sold too.

The game's fukked up everything is gonna be straight to netflix in 5 years at this rate other than blockbusters.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
And cats laughed at Will smith with his Netflix joint :mjpls:

I don't mind movies going straight to netflix. I love the movie theater and it's always been a sanctuary of sorts for me but I don't go as much now that I'm married as I did when I was single. I'd have a movie pass and prolly go every night like @TheGodling and @HHR if i was.

But so many smaller movies are getting these retarded super limited or staggered releases where only one theater in my state gets em. They might as well make them day and date VOD at that point. Or do like what Annihilation is doing and come to netflix 17 days after the theatrical.

Why Are Limited Release Movies Still A Distribution Method in 2018?

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I don't mind movies going straight to netflix. I love the movie theater and it's always been a sanctuary of sorts for me but I don't go as much now that I'm married as I did when I was single. I'd have a movie pass and prolly go every night like @TheGodling and @HHR if i was.

But so many smaller movies are getting these retarded super limited or staggered releases where only one theater in my state gets em. They might as well make them day and date VOD at that point. Or do like what Annihilation is doing and come to netflix 17 days after the theatrical.

This is the worst.

In Canada there's only 1 major theatre chain. There's a few indie theatres here and there but most are old and run down.

I would love to see more smaller films but it's always a fukking hassle and I have to go 45 minutes out of my way.

And even when they get smaller films they play them for a week or two and they're gone.

No movie pass here either.

Last edited:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam

The American distribution system never made sense to me. Outside of the occasional wait times before a movie gets released here, there isn't a single movie I have to leave my town for. The furthest I have to travel is 30 minutes at most, and that's by bike. :russ:

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Disney in the cut rubbing their hands together like birdman.
Not really, the fox deal is already dicey enough as it is and with anyone else in power probably would have been blocked. If they purchase sony too the anti-trust peeps are definitely going to cry monopoly

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
Not really, the fox deal is already dicey enough as it is and with anyone else in power probably would have been blocked. If they purchase sony too the anti-trust peeps are definitely going to cry monopoly
They wouldn't be buying Sony, it would be them buying tv/movie property