Sony states PC Ports will be a 2-3 year schedule again

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

About PC ports, Jim Ryan says they will continue to proactively release PC versions, but it seems reactions are favorable from fans when the ports arrive 2 to 3 years after the game's release:
――SIE will continue to actively release PC versions in the future.

RyanYes , we will be proactive.

--While I'm happy to have more options, I'd also like to see more PS5-exclusive titles from enthusiastic game fans...

Ryan : We also fully understand the importance of PS5 exclusive titles. As I mentioned earlier, PlayStation Studios' main responsibility is to have people enjoy the game experience using the latest PS. We are increasing the number of PS5-exclusive titles and staggering the release of the PC version.
 I often have the opportunity to ask game fans for their opinions, and when I ask them about the time lag, they say that selling the PC version two or three years after the release of the PS version is accepted favorably. There are many

Looks like they are slowing down release cadence again, probably to focus on PS5 sales. Those hoping for day one pc ports, time to reset the clock

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, this strategy nets the best results for everyone really. Gives devs more time to focus on one platform at a time. This yeilds better PC ports. Gives Sony double down on their dollars and gives the titles longer legs to stretch their legs for profits. Continues to give great reason to get a playstation early if you really about playing playstation games. And if you a PC player, gives you more time to play all those alleged PC games they got while awaiting greatness.

Last edited: