Sony stated MLB is the reason the Show is on Xbox GamePass

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I wonder if this will lead to them dropping the license and using their first-party studio on something else.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I wonder if this will lead to them dropping the license and using their first-party studio on something else.

Like i said in the other thread it depends on the splits, for all we know the new MLB contract with the stipulation of going multi-platform could have more profits going to sony to begin with. So sony gets a greater percentage in developing and publishing the games on their own platform and MLB makes it up by having overall more sales with another platform on top of microsoft paying to have it on gamepass. And on top of that Sony still retains marketing rights

I assume if its the case where they are just 100% slighted by the MLB Sony gets passive aggressive and just puts out annual updates or drops entire features altogether. I said it before in the other thread, The Show has been the only notable baseball franchise for years. The MLB’s own game flopped which is why they ran to sony to begin with.

Sony really doesn’t need the show to survive but the MLB has had a hard time putting out a hit baseball game on their own

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
This isn't happening either. You guys gotta step outta this fantasy land.

So you don't think if Sony stops making MLB that 2K Microsoft and other competitors won't snatch up that talent. You crazy as hell. NBA live just got two prominent 2k dudes last year for the new lives coming

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This isn't happening either. You guys gotta step outta this fantasy land.

Bruh treating it like hiring staff in 2K or something. :mjlol:

That aside, that approach isn't guaranteed to work. There were folks hired away to go to The Initiative that either left, or went back to the Sony studio they came from.