Sony stated MLB is the reason the Show is on Xbox GamePass

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Yup you read that right Xbox with a power move.

'MLB The Show 21' on Game Pass redefines the Xbox vs. PlayStation rivalry (inverse.com)

According to Ampere’s comments, Xbox Game Pass now has over 18 million subscribers. As such, it makes a lot of sense that MLB would see it as an attractive opportunity.

“For some titles, launching day one into Game Pass is an increasingly risk-averse strategy: It secures a payment upfront, offers an engaged audience of over 18 million subscribers that can still be monetized through in-game spending, and there is the flexibility of removing the title to boost premium sales at a later date if required,” Harding-Rolls says.

“Those titles that are not top-tier in sales volume terms or that are based on new IP — i.e., do not have an established audience — could be solid candidates for day one releases,’ he adds.

@Rekkapryde told you bro

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
15 dollars a month. Is not free

how-i-see-sony-fanboys-on-ms-articles_o_3085263.gif

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Curious what the numbers are…

Sell 3 million units across Xbox platforms for $200 million…or get $XXX million from MS to put it on GP?

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
18 million people are not going to play the show ...

I would estimate 7 million people try it for a few days and never play it again and only the die hards will pick it up after that initial week