Sony stan distraught over his leaders admittance on the need of COD

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s obviously an exaggeration by sony in order to black the deal, but also think it offered some insight on how sonys business actually works.

All the talk about the importance of “exclusives” but reality if the other way around. Sonys business doesn’t work and those exclusives wouldn’t exist if they didn’t have the revenue from 3rd party games.

It's crazy, I know of a poster, he's a Titan.:mjgrin:

He was trying to explain to Sony gang that 3rd party games, especially multiplats games are whats actually most important to MS and Sony.

1st party games are really to show off the strength of a console and get people into the door to be able to do something on that console that you can't on others.

People don't pay attention, but Nintendo always plays directly to the strength (or gimmick) of what it's console is good with every system, the one system they didn't have much to offer in that area they kinda flopped with it (GameCube)

3rd party games have always been what people will straight up buy or not buy a console over outside of Nintendo.

It wasn't until PS4 era didn't 1st party games start get thrown around.

Bread and butter has always been 3rd party games for everyone but Nintendo.

Sega included.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I don't get why any government would be against microsoft acquiring a video game company. They shoulda bought Sega back in the day.

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
I think I understand what Jim Rtan is saying, it’s not that COD is holding the company together out right. It’s that the COD revenue allows them to make high budget movie games/forest walking simulators and be cool with it selling 1-2 million copies. If COD is off the table a lot of the first party stuff will slow down or be way lower budget based on their current business model?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think I understand what Jim Rtan is saying, it’s not that COD is holding the company together out right. It’s that the COD revenue allows them to make high budget movie games/forest walking simulators and be cool with it selling 1-2 million copies. If COD is off the table a lot of the first party stuff will slow down or be way lower budget based on their current business model?
Exactly

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Yup. Production values in games now are through the roof, but the development and expenses are insane also. It has also led to a lack of innovation in gameplay across the board.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
It’s that the COD revenue allows them to make high budget movie games/forest walking simulators and be cool with it selling 1-2 million copies.

Got 5 ips that are diamond but carry on with these goofy tales

Of course Jim is exaggerating but nothing changes the 30% cut of sales they get having it on PlayStation due to royalty revenue.

Phil ain’t throwing their biggest user base in the bushes :mjlol:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I don't get why any government would be against microsoft acquiring a video game company. They shoulda bought Sega back in the day.
Microsoft was actually close in acquiring Capcom when they were in financial trouble. Unsure if they would have the same rebound as they're having at the moment, but I feel that's a big publisher to miss out on.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Microsoft was actually close in acquiring Capcom when they were in financial trouble. Unsure if they would have the same rebound as they're having at the moment, but I feel that's a big publisher to miss out on.
Probably woulda been cheaper than this. I also don't like how Microsoft have to kiss Sony's azz promising multi platform games. You pay that much, u do what u want.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Welp better start getting the PC ports up to par. There's more ways that Sony could get than missing revenue. They should test 1 ip to see what they would make day and date with a PS5 release and PC release.

Fanservice

Bih call me senpai
Daps
Do these people not understand that consistent passive revenue streams are a safety net for these big ass corporations