Sony should just buy Crash back.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
the one lacking in comprehension is you, im not sure how you didnt understand what you even wrote prior to this, you can play sports,racing or action shooters on both consoles whetjer they're 1st or 3rd party games. You just brung up sales like thats helping your failed argument

Whatever you say breh, my point is sound. You’re just being a contrarian.

Have a good day and I’ll one star this thread on my way out.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Whatever you say breh, my point is sound. You’re just being a contrarian.

Have a good day and I’ll one star this thread on my way out.
right. Coli is riddled with dudes like you. I am contrarian yet you came in here with that energy in your first statement. If you couldn't understand what i was saying then maybe you're not as bright as you thought you were:yeshrug:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn’t make sense at this point. A mascot ties the PS5 to a certain brand,

Mario = Kids Console
Master Chief = Dude Bro Console

Sony is signaling this is the console for everyone.

Really valid point.

Having a mascot ties your brand to a specific identity.

If Nintendo developed something like Gears of War or The Last of Us, people would be confused, because they're the Mario company. It doesn't fit with their identity. Likewise, Microsoft's attempts to make lighter fare haven't been as well received, because it just isn't seen to fit.

Sony doesn't have a singular mascot, but they've managed to build a fairly broad set of properties and characters that appeal to a fairly wide group.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Really valid point.

Having a mascot ties your brand to a specific identity.

If Nintendo developed something like Gears of War or The Last of Us, people would be confused, because they're the Mario company. It doesn't fit with their identity. Likewise, Microsoft's attempts to make lighter fare haven't been as well received, because it just isn't seen to fit.

Sony doesn't have a singular mascot, but they've managed to build a fairly broad set of properties and characters that appeal to a fairly wide group.

semi true... but nintendo branded itself kid friendly since the beginning... it started when mortal kombat had no blood.

disney is rated g thats what the want... it not solely because of the mascot

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
semi true... but nintendo branded itself kid friendly since the beginning... it started when mortal kombat had no blood.

disney is rated g thats what the want... it not solely because of the mascot

But that was well after they established Mario as the mascot.

They made the call to switch MK blood to sweat because it didn't fit with their pre-existing image.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my point is the mascot didnt brand nintendo... nintendo branded themselves around the mascot..

Oh, I get what you're saying. I'm just saying that they'd already taken that identity prior to MK.

By the time the Super Nintendo hit, they were already three mainline Super Mario Bros games deep, and a couple of Mario animated shows deep.

I mean, we're basically saying the same thing here, but just flipping over the order of operations, I guess.

4-Rin

Superstar
Daps
The age of mascots ended a while ago. Microsoft and Sony don't need a Mascot at this point.

Remember Playstation All Stars Battle Royale :lolbron:

Non of their characters are on Mario's level. They know to stay in their lane and leave the Mascot stuff to Nintendo.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
The age of mascots ended a while ago. Microsoft and Sony don't need a Mascot at this point.

Remember Playstation All Stars Battle Royale :lolbron:

Non of their characters are on Mario's level. They know to stay in their lane and leave the Mascot stuff to Nintendo.
Crash wouldve been if they kept him anyway PlayStation shyts on Nintenhoe