Sony PS5 Backwards Compatibility Patent (leak)

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I could give a fukk about backwards compatibility.

That doesn't mean I'm mad it's there.

It's possible to not give a fukk about backwards compatibility and be happy it's an extra feature simultaneously :dwillhuh:

I'm indifferent to it but why would I be upset if the PS5 has more options?

In the mind of an Xbot if you clowned them for bragging about backwards compatibility you're not allowed to want it on Playstation.

We were clowning ya'll for acting like it was a huge deal, not for having the feature.:stopitslime:

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Question for you guys :

Do you think we’ll be able to keep our PS4 DIGITAL library on the PS5 if it ends up backwards compatible, all my games are digital :mjcry:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

It's possible to not give a fukk about backwards compatibility and be happy it's an extra feature simultaneously :dwillhuh:

In the mind of an Xbot if you clowned them for bragging about backwards compatibility you're not allowed to want it on Playstation.

We were clowning ya'll for acting like it was a huge deal, not for having the feature.:stopitslime:
giphy.gif

This x 100.

The gymnastics xbots and HUGE instigators like @Kamikaze Revy perform is plain silly at times. Time and time again I've said that BC is a feature that I don't care if it's there or not but I'm not one to hype up the feature pretend it's a big deal.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I don't mind it being there, but complaining for it is some nerd shyt. Who gives af about them old ass games. Everything coming out now is what you should be playing.

I'm just saying it should be an easy throw-in feature so in case you missed a previous installment of a new game you want, you can go back and get the feel for it by playing the old one.

Also I like to use the money I get from trading in the previous system towards the next one and I don't want the old games to be useless to me.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Question for you guys :

Do you think we’ll be able to keep our PS4 DIGITAL library on the PS5 if it ends up backwards compatible, all my games are digital :mjcry:

I'm full digital. I'm pretty sure they will. It's BC for PS1-PS3 I think won't happen.

Btw PS cloud saves were upped from 10gb to 100gb. Makes me feel like they're prepping to make room for this gen and the next because that's a huge bump in capacity especially considering most folks haven't even been capping 10. :patrice:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven

giphy.gif

This x 100.

The gymnastics xbots and HUGE instigators like @Kamikaze Revy perform is plain silly at times. Time and time again I've said that BC is a feature that I don't care if it's there or not but I'm not one to hype up the feature pretend it's a big deal.
It's like I have to go over a history lesson with you boys every time I want to say anything because ya'll love to revise history to fit the flavor of the week. :stopitslime:
:coffee:Xbots bragged about Sony removing features from their consoles while MS was adding features.
:coffee:Sony stans responded by stating they didn't care about those features to begin with.
It's difficult to believe you don't care about something if you get giddy once you get it back. :yeshrug:
Sony stans have gone this whole gen saying "who the hell cares about old games???"
Once a whiff of backwards compatibility hits the net, the tone magically changes. :DAIGOCOFFEE:
Directly responding to Kush: The better argument is the one I've been pitching for years; and it's that it's OK to have a favorite console while still crapping on it for not having everything you want it to have.
I'm a Sony stan, but why is it that it bothers you guys if I give Sony a hard time for not having a 4KUHD drive or Backwards Compatibility?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's like I have to go over a history lesson with you boys every time I want to say anything because ya'll love to revise history to fit the flavor of the week. :stopitslime:
It's more like you revising the history breh

:coffee:Xbots bragged about Sony removing features from their consoles while MS was adding features.
:coffee:Sony stans responded by stating they didn't care about those features to begin with.
It's a cirque de soleil of nonsense. The notion that Sony ONLY remove features while MS is just dumping features on xbox is simply not true. I'd clutter this thread up posting all that.
Sony stans(which include you :mjlol: per your own saying) state they don't care about it.. because they're getting their money's worth from other things the console provides.
It's difficult to believe you don't care about something if you get giddy once you get it back. :yeshrug:
Sony stans have gone this whole gen saying "who the hell cares about old games???"
Well you must be able to tell the future because who is "giddy" here? Not a single person in this thread has expressed that.

Once a whiff of backwards compatibility hits the net, the tone magically changes. :DAIGOCOFFEE:
This is a strawman because nobody has "changed" their tone. You're just saying that. Lol must I bring up the thread again where I was dismissive of the PS2 "classics" Sony had going on PS4 for a while?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
All this means is that the ps5's hardware probably wont be a major upgrade over the ps4 pro in my opinion.
How so? Is switching processor instruction sets required for big graphics bumps? :mjlol:

Anyways, PSN as a software distribution platform going forward NEEDS PS5 to be able to access the full suite of games. These consoles are customized PCs. There is no reason the shyt shouldnt run on the next console, same as if you switched phones to a new generation.
Time will tell

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Directly responding to Kush: The better argument is the one I've been pitching for years; and it's that it's OK to have a favorite console while still crapping on it for not having everything you want it to have.
I'm a Sony stan, but why is it that it bothers you guys if I give Sony a hard time for not having a 4KUHD drive or Backwards Compatibility?
Doesn't bother me at all.

To me backwards compatibility is tantamount to heated seats in a car.

It's cool you have em, and I'm not mad if I do. But it's not a deal breaker or all that big a deal to me. I'm not gonna buy the shyttier car cause it has heated seats and the car I like doesn't.

If you brag about your car having heated seats I'm gonna laugh at you.

That doesn't mean I can't like having heated seats too. If my next car has em it doesn't make me a hypocrite for laughing at you thinking they're a big deal. It's still just a ticky tack feature I could care less about. (this analogy is bad cause heated seats are a better feature than backwards compatibility :troll:)