Sony not playing

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Sony's revamped PlayStation Plus subscription has now begun rolling out worldwide, and is available first in Asia from today.

The launch gives us our first proper look at the service's full catalogue of games - although fans say it contains far fewer titles in its catalogue than previously expected.

Indeed, a guide to PlayStation Plus published yesterday on the PlayStation blog mentions "700" games available across the subscription's various plans - a rough figure we've heard from Sony before - albeit with the caveat that these games will vary "over time and plan".

However, the list of games provided by PlayStation for Asia in the Hong Kong region currently runs to 269 titles, far fewer than the 700 estimate.

There's one major caveat here - this region does not have PS3 streaming games available (indeed, the higher-tier price is named "Deluxe" rather than Premium to denote this). However, there's no expectation of anywhere near 500 PS3 games being available elsewhere to make up the difference.

One smaller caveat: below we've lumped PS4 and PS5 versions of the same game together whereas Sony lists them out separately, though this only affects a handful of titles. Additionally it's worth noting that both our lists below and Sony's own classify a trilogy pack (such as the BioShock Collection) as one title.

(And while we're talking oddities, PlayStation Plus subscribers in Asia have also spotted some PS1 classics are present in their European PAL versions.)

"These games are now available to play as part of the PlayStation Plus Asia launch," a note on PlayStation's website reads. "More titles will be added soon, along with the lists of catalogue games available in each country/region as PlayStation Plus rolls out."

The assumption here is that Sony's figure of 700 games (or slightly fewer without PS3 games in Asia) refers not to the catalogue today, at launch, but to where Sony expects the subscription to grow to at some point in the future.

Still, the difference in that promise and what's available today has been surprising fans. We've contacted Sony specifically to ask about the disparity.

This also leaves the question of which games will be available when Plus relaunches in other regions - many more? the same initial offering? - up in the air too.

As a reminder, PlayStation Plus relaunches in Europe on 23rd June, following its rollout in North and South America on 13th June, and in Japan on 2nd June. For more, here's our guide to everything we know of PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium so far.

WLIM? :lupe:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thats big trash

I only had interest in the 2nd tier whenever i get a PS5

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seriously this is one of the reasons where I got one foot out the door in saying fukk consoles. Both Microsoft and Sony are some bullshyt pushing these services and slacking on the games. That's why i'm on PC since I have the potential to fukk both these nikkaz and pirate they games if they keep with this bullshyt. They making nikkaz pay 50 dollars a year for classic games you could play on a emulator probably better quality for free. Plus you probably have access to more catologue with PC emulation since I don't expect every game will be backwards compatible with the licensing shyt.

Daps
I’m a little confused about what’s going on. Is there a distinction between PS plus and PS now subscriptions? I thought people who had active PS Now (not PS Plus) subscriptions at the time the new service goes live automatically get converted to the highest tier, but not true if you only had PS Plus stacked. With limited understanding of the entire situation, as a serious question: how does this affect people who stacked PS Plus but have no interest in upgrading to higher tiers? I’m guessing Sony is charging the remainder (for the duration of the sub) upfront for anyone looking to upgrade (which sucks for anyone with several years of PS Plus purchases)

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo, that's fukking WILD. Although for the second point, I'm not sure who was expecting to be able to upgrade for only a portion of the time they have stacked.

Unfortunately, brehs should've seen this fukkery coming. Only so long these companies were gonna let people clown on Twitter and whatnot about how they were getting over on them.

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
this i dont get. its notorious that the pal versions run worse, so why use those?
Its baffling... I think thats fukked up how they tried to sneak PAL through like people wouldn't notice. They did the same with the flop that was PS1 Classic.