Sony Next-gen VR controller details released.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Therein lies Sony's issue this gen and last, they don't do a good enough job introducing and selling the experience to non-VR enthusiast.

They should do more testing like I did when I tried it in gamestop when Sony was demoing it. It sold me. I'm day one here however, I do want to see Sony actually go in on it more. Astro Bot is amazing but the other main games (outside of racing) never really hit. Hot Shots (fukk Everybody) Golf should have been the full game as well. I love the tech but their output was uneven for the first one.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Imagine if FORSPOKEN is VR? Imagine running that fast in VR? Def might make you motion sick

output77e3d054bdd52b13.gif

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I appreciate the leap in making a complete redesign. Unfortunately I think PSVR is going to have the same uphill battle gen 1 had.
It’ll likely be priced at the same price of the console itself or a little more and people unfamiliar with the experience are not going to feel the desire to gamble with that much money.

Depends on what games they have out the game for it. If they get stuff like Half-Life, Astrobot 2 plus some kind of Horizon VR then they'll get considerable momentum from the get go imo.

Genos

Superstar
Daps
I appreciate the leap in making a complete redesign. Unfortunately I think PSVR is going to have the same uphill battle gen 1 had.
It’ll likely be priced at the same price of the console itself or a little more and people unfamiliar with the experience are not going to feel the desire to gamble with that much money.
I dont understand why people think the headset will be 400+. This shyt is gonna be $299 max

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
This is why consumers just need to sit back and let people with money do the thinking. People think OOO this company bought this, what x and Y company gonna do to one up them???

Like, all these console manufacturers have different priorities. If nintendo wants to excel in handhelds, and microsoft wants to excel in services and sony wants to keep on focusing on building home grown gaming studios, thats cool.

The PSVR2, is now an entry level and good way to introduce teh general public into VR gaming and I’m glad sony isn’t giving up on it. The new controllers have precise finger tracking just like the index on top of the dual sense features. Imagine how awesome a boxing game would be with this?

We now have access to Half Life Alyx for a few hundred dollars as opposed to a couple thousand. I still don’t know anyone personally who’s played this game but those who have swore it was life changing.

I’m excited for teh future of gaming.

hlfgif2.gif

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
VR is much cheaper to manufacture now. The Oculus Quest 2 is only $300 and it has internal rendering power. If Sony is just making the headset, and letting the ps5 power it, they should be able to sell it for 200 to 250 max.