Sony introduces the world to Next Gen

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I cant WAIT to see how big war games look on next gen thanks to SSD. Especially lots of enemies on screen. Me and you tried to warn them about this leap @Fatboi1 :heh: But they kept bringing up resolutions and fps but they lost the resolution argument.

Anyways I expect to see a BUNCH of enemies/NPCs on screen. Cant wait to see how densely populated some urban areas in open worlds look.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
They did a video the other day with a 2080 ti some ninja game ....

4k and well over 60 frames

They turned on ray tracing and shyt went below the 30 FPS mark sometimes in the 20s :camby:

It looked a bit better but it’s too expensive and not worth it .... I just don’t see how either Xbox or Sony will pull off a decent implantation of this ...

I don’t need that shyt , I’ve just witnessed the greatest use of lighting ever ...

I'm good
Few things: one, I believe the new console cards have a method to accelerate ray tracing a bit. Two, developers will have to very selectively enable ray traced elements within a game scene to target a specific frame rate. On PC, it doesnt seem that ray traced games are very optimized. Its all or nothing

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
They did a video the other day with a 2080 ti some ninja game ....

4k and well over 60 frames

They turned on ray tracing and shyt went below the 30 FPS mark sometimes in the 20s :camby:

It looked a bit better but it’s too expensive and not worth it .... I just don’t see how either Xbox or Sony will pull off a decent implantation of this ...

I don’t need that shyt , I’ve just witnessed the greatest use of lighting ever ...

I'm good

That's why DLSS is getting more and more popular

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
And before anybody says this wasn't real time running on the hardware....

Cerny styled on em again. Asked Devs what they needed and didn't just go with the standard cpu/gpu upgrade. :wow:

giphy.gif

kdslittlebro

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol: brings back memories. fukkin watch dogs

Out of all the games I've bought and come to dislike over the yrs, I don't think I've ever been legit disappointed like I was in WD :francis: the last time I thought I was gonna see some GOAT shyt based on the reveal, and I didn't even come close to finishing it

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Tim Sweeney: "Sony's PS5 storage ssd system is absolute world class. Best on any platform. Better than any high-end PC. It's a dream come true."

Cerny told these fools. ain't just cpu/gpu. kill the bottlenecks!