Sony has gone too far, I might swing on a sony stan for this

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Warzone is where it’s at now, multiplayer and campaign will be played for 2 weeks and then it’s over

Call of duty is essentially a free to play game
For some, maybe. Me, my cousins, and my homeboys don’t even touch Warzone. I know quite a few people that hate Battle Royal games

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It likely wouldn't. The amount that Activision would've asked for to get a CoD on Gamepass day one probably would've been seen as a prohibitive based on the potential benefit. Buying the entire publisher is a different type of math that can work in Microsoft's favor, though.
They would likely put sold through COD games on Game Pass in a heartbeat.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They would likely put sold through COD games on Game Pass in a heartbeat.

If the offer was good enough, maybe. The only reason I think they wouldn't is that Activision is maybe one of the most aggressive publishers in regards to making sure CoD holds its normal price point. Outside of sales, CoD games don't get price reductions. Unless they choose to participate in a sale, they still sell old sold through CoD games at full price. I can see Kotick having been aggressive in Gamepass negotiations, either over length of stay, or how much they get paid to recoup imaginary lost sales.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Sony stans, It would be nice if you guys actually thought logically instead of like a stan :snoop:
Makes sense to put the older CoDs on (since they are yearly and the playerbase fades over time), but any ongoing release under CURRENT publishing is just losing sales money by going on GamePass.

Now, if MS completes the purchase and owns the franchise, then of course you put it on GP if you want to bolster the service. But CoD generates so much money that it's a title worth keeping off for money's sake.
You don't understand why they bought activision, but the reason is solely for gamepass. Not so they can make money off COD like if that was the end goal... the end goal is for gamepass to rule and COD will help with the quickness...
A deal is a deal:camby:
Deal's are made to be broken, and a 70billion dollar deal >>> a 70 dollar deal
This article really exposed how dumb most gamers are yesterday.

Why would Sony pay millions in marketing for a game being given away for free on their closest competitor's platform? Thats a clear case of conflict of interest.
So dumb gamer... if microsoft bought that developer then sony can't do shyt about it.
To give an example of this, have you ever played MLB:The Show 22? No? Why not, its in gamepass :troll:
How many AAA games are on GamePass day one besides the MS offerings (Halo, etc)? I don't think putting it on GamePass would make them more money than players buying the game out right.
Gamepass is what they are invested in and putting COD into gamepass makes the service stupidly more attractive. IF MW2 was to be a day 1 title you think subscriptions wouldn't double immediately? You don't think it would continue to be successful after that?
I don't know if you use gamepass but its a service so good it don't need COD to be good. That will bring in a bunch of casual gamers who don't understand what gamepass is yet. Basically once they get it they'll never leave is the idea and they have the right forumla to accomplish this lofty goal.
Starfield, COD is a crucial 1/2 punch to start off 2023. TBC... In the meantime I guess I gotta cop and start that early campagin :francis:
(This is where a sony stan goes "See, you bought it!!!" like if you happy for activision
I guarantee you I won't be buying the next one :win:
It likely wouldn't. The amount that Activision would've asked for to get a CoD on Gamepass day one probably would've been seen as a prohibitive based on the potential benefit. Buying the entire publisher is a different type of math that can work in Microsoft's favor, though.
Except it was heading to gamepass but Sony PAID TO BLOCK IT. So why they paying for something that was never going to happen?
Do you think Microsoft wasn't thinking this first, and then decided well fukk it we can buy the whole ghat damn thing :hhh:
The benefits is gamepass. IT makes 3billion a year right now. It'll be making 5-10 billion in less than a years time.
It will continue to double every year until it reaches a certain peak. This is big business going on, fanboy feelings do not factor at all.

You guys are really illogical when it comes to gaming business and thats.. thats funny

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sony stans, It would be nice if you guys actually thought logically instead of like a stan :snoop:

You don't understand why they bought activision, but the reason is solely for gamepass. Not so they can make money off COD like if that was the end goal... the end goal is for gamepass to rule and COD will help with the quickness...

Deal's are made to be broken, and a 70billion dollar deal >>> a 70 dollar deal

So dumb gamer... if microsoft bought that developer then sony can't do shyt about it.
To give an example of this, have you ever played MLB:The Show 22? No? Why not, its in gamepass :troll:

Gamepass is what they are invested in and putting COD into gamepass makes the service stupidly more attractive. IF MW2 was to be a day 1 title you think subscriptions wouldn't double immediately? You don't think it would continue to be successful after that?
I don't know if you use gamepass but its a service so good it don't need COD to be good. That will bring in a bunch of casual gamers who don't understand what gamepass is yet. Basically once they get it they'll never leave is the idea and they have the right forumla to accomplish this lofty goal.
Starfield, COD is a crucial 1/2 punch to start off 2023. TBC... In the meantime I guess I gotta cop and start that early campagin :francis:
(This is where a sony stan goes "See, you bought it!!!" like if you happy for activision
I guarantee you I won't be buying the next one :win:

Except it was heading to gamepass but Sony PAID TO BLOCK IT. So why they paying for something that was never going to happen?
Do you think Microsoft wasn't thinking this first, and then decided well fukk it we can buy the whole ghat damn thing :hhh:
The benefits is gamepass. IT makes 3billion a year right now. It'll be making 5-10 billion in less than a years time.
It will continue to double every year until it reaches a certain peak. This is big business going on, fanboy feelings do not factor at all.

You guys are really illogical when it comes to gaming business and thats.. thats funny

All I've seen is that the terms of Sony's pre-existing marketing agreement with Activision was keeping Microsoft from putting CoD on Gamepass as soon as the deal closes, not anything about Sony blocking a previous deal. Microsoft could easily pay whatever the penalty is to end that agreement early and put the games on GamePass ASAP, but that doesn't really help their cause right now with appearing as if they need this sale to go through to be able to compete.

And prior to selling, putting CoD on Gamepass would benefit Microsoft, and damn near Microsoft exclusively. So, Activision's asking price would likely have included being compensated for them paying for breaking the terms of their marketing deal with Sony, compensation for losing out on what they projected that year's game to sell on XBox, and the missing marketing spend from Sony. When you add all that up, Microsoft easily could've gotten into the range of paying the equivalent of the development budget for a game they didn't have direct control or ownership of. That's bad business.

It's almost like YOU are being illogical when it comes to the business side of this.

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
now i think M$ is cappin. they lose money if COD goes to gamepass
Yeap lol

dumb asses not getting that 70 billi back fast enough unless they have game pass stans pay full price for cod every year they just blame sony's deal to hide their hand

Last edited:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
even if it were possible, the only modes that could be exclusive to game pass are campaign and possibly reg mp. folks with A Ps5 are not buying an xbox just for that when warzone will readily be available everywhere else.

i really think this is console war bs perpetuated by Microsoft to make sony the villains

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
All I've seen is that the terms of Sony's pre-existing marketing agreement with Activision was keeping Microsoft from putting CoD on Gamepass as soon as the deal closes, not anything about Sony blocking a previous deal. Microsoft could easily pay whatever the penalty is to end that agreement early and put the games on GamePass ASAP, but that doesn't really help their cause right now with appearing as if they need this sale to go through to be able to compete.

And prior to selling, putting CoD on Gamepass would benefit Microsoft, and damn near Microsoft exclusively. So, Activision's asking price would likely have included being compensated for them paying for breaking the terms of their marketing deal with Sony, compensation for losing out on what they projected that year's game to sell on XBox, and the missing marketing spend from Sony. When you add all that up, Microsoft easily could've gotten into the range of paying the equivalent of the development budget for a game they didn't have direct control or ownership of. That's bad business.

It's almost like YOU are being illogical when it comes to the business side of this.
You are basically just making a bunch of scenarios and you have no idea about any of the particulars about the deals in place even tho its been made public and we've discussed it on here. Your comments prove this, but thank you for fanboying it up :tu:
Yeap lol

dumb asses not getting that 70 billi back fast enough unless they have game pass stans pay full price for cod every year just blame sony's deal
What a dumbass name for you. See you don't even understand why they bought Activision. Its not to immediately turn a profit off activision.
Its about making Gamepass the go to place for gaming. And without COD its already known as the best service for gaming.
It was making 3billion at last check but that wasn't up to date statistics :stop: And with titles like Call of Duty and soon starfield, that makes the already best service in gaming that much better. Then with all the day one stuff Microsoft themselves are adding on top of all the content that comes from 3rd parties/indies/etc. Its an unbeatable service, I get it if you don't get that. Cool, but sony gets it. So it doesn't matter if fans of a platform understand.

Your own damn eyes, if you have awareness of the world around and whats going on in it? Sony is not only crying, they up to no good which I'll show you
in my next post...
even if it were possible, the only modes that could be exclusive to game pass are campaign and possibly reg mp. folks with A Ps5 are not buying an xbox just for that when warzone will readily be available everywhere else.

i really think this is console war bs perpetuated by Microsoft to make sony the villains
Microsoft is buying activision and everyone is fine with it except sony. And they sound like bytches, everyone recognizes this and you here acting like they in the right and can do no wrong. Weird hill to die on but do you homey...

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
You are basically just making a bunch of scenarios and you have no idea about any of the particulars about the deals in place even tho its been made public and we've discussed it on here. Your comments prove this, but thank you for fanboying it up :tu:

What a dumbass name for you. See you don't even understand why they bought Activision. Its not to immediately turn a profit off activision.
Its about making Gamepass the go to place for gaming. And without COD its already known as the best service for gaming.
It was making 3billion at last check but that wasn't up to date statistics :stop: And with titles like Call of Duty and soon starfield, that makes the already best service in gaming that much better. Then with all the day one stuff Microsoft themselves are adding on top of all the content that comes from 3rd parties/indies/etc. Its an unbeatable service, I get it if you don't get that. Cool, but sony gets it. So it doesn't matter if fans of a platform understand.

Your own damn eyes, if you have awareness of the world around and whats going on in it? Sony is not only crying, they up to no good which I'll show you
in my next post...

Microsoft is buying activision and everyone is fine with it except sony. And they sound like bytches, everyone recognizes this and you here acting like they in the right and can do no wrong. Weird hill to die on but do you homey...
if it was the other way around, do you think m$ would accept it??? like i said anyways, makes total sense that M$ would make it seem like sony is keeping COD off GP. why would M$ take money out of their own pocket???

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
if it was the other way around, do you think m$ would accept it???
When in the history of the industry has anyone not accepted a buyout :dahell:
Who besides sony has a problem with this deal?

Go head, take your time. I'll wait :popcorn3:
like i said anyways, makes total sense that M$ would make it seem like sony is keeping COD off GP. why would M$ take money out of their own pocket???
Sir, you must not understand what has already transpired :mjlol:
You see, Microsoft is trying to buy activision so all these intricate details have already been made public
Sony already paid Activision to not put it on gamepass and sony has done these types of deals with lots of developers already
Unless you want to believe that only COD has a deal like this in place. If you read the article it also states that the deal might still remain in place until 2024.

Sony desperately wantsn to prevent COD from getting in gamepass because they iknow they can't compete.
All of this, the sony not satisfied part. ITs all about Gamepass because its already that nikka so to speak.

Sony is paying nikkaz to not fukk with it, facts. So you gonna have to stop lying on behalf of an electronics company. Do better hoss :stopitslime:

MrLogic

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cash
if it was the other way around, do you think m$ would accept it??? like i said anyways, makes total sense that M$ would make it seem like sony is keeping COD off GP. why would M$ take money out of their own pocket???
Pretty much pay Sony money for acti's "breach" of contract and keep it moving and put the shyt on game pass if it's soley about game pass.

how can big bad Sony keep it off something if they own it now.

Now I think Game pass is not about just making money in it's current state it's about market share So they can make WAY MORE MONEY period they want gaming to go through them just like their OS is pretty much a monopoly on the PC market They spent a lot of money for a publisher and pretty much 1 game franchise for what just for game pass and to be xbox only most people are not just going to buy a xbox for cod.

no it's to make game pass attractive enough so competiton would be forced to put it on their hardware.

If M$ has their way they want to take any game that's relevant and popular and lock it behind GP only way you can do that is buy it up

because they are gaming vultures they could never make any game besides Halo( not the same with out bungie) and Gears(not the same with out epic) and Forza and all of them are meh atm..... MS is not creative enough never was.

I really think they want to force GP on Sony maybe even Nintendo hardware I think that's their endgame maybe Sony can see it for what it is and trying to slow it down a little.

Last edited:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Makes sense to put the older CoDs on (since they are yearly and the playerbase fades over time), but any ongoing release under CURRENT publishing is just losing sales money by going on GamePass.

Now, if MS completes the purchase and owns the franchise, then of course you put it on GP if you want to bolster the service. But CoD generates so much money that it's a title worth keeping off for money's sake.
They actually stand to gain more from CoD on gamepass I feel.

The new subscribers they'll gain on XBOX and PC will retain their GP subscriptions just to play CoD, and they'll make more money over the lifetime of those subscriptions than they would sales.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They actually stand to gain more from CoD on gamepass I feel.

The new subscribers they'll gain on XBOX and PC will retain their GP subscriptions just to play CoD, and they'll make more money over the lifetime of those subscriptions than they would sales.
That's asking a lot considering Half, HALF Of all CoD revenue comes from Playstation.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
That's asking a lot considering Half, HALF Of all CoD revenue comes from Playstation.
I was talking from the perspective of CoD still being on all platforms, just on GP on XBOX and PC.

The PS players would still pay for it normally, while the other console players would play it via GP