Sony has gone too far, I might swing on a sony stan for this

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
These bytch ass nikkaz are trying to block COD from being in gamepass :merchant:

Microsoft Reveals Sony’s Activision Deal Is Blocking ‘Call Of Duty’ From Game Pass

While we may have all suspected this was probably the case, Microsoft, as part of its ongoing effort to get its acquisition of Activision Blizzard approved, has revealed that Sony has been blocking Call of Duty from coming to Game Pass, and may continue to block it even if the deal ultimately goes through

You rotten muthafukkaz :pacspit: you owe me $69.99 sony, I might steal up on a random sony stan. Catch a nikka lacking at a kiosk

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Makes sense to put the older CoDs on (since they are yearly and the playerbase fades over time), but any ongoing release under CURRENT publishing is just losing sales money by going on GamePass.

Now, if MS completes the purchase and owns the franchise, then of course you put it on GP if you want to bolster the service. But CoD generates so much money that it's a title worth keeping off for money's sake.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This article really exposed how dumb most gamers are yesterday.

Why would Sony pay millions in marketing for a game being given away for free on their closest competitor's platform? Thats a clear case of conflict of interest.

Yeah, this is really airing out how most of the gaming audience doesn't understand, or really want to know how shyt gets done.

Activision cranks out a CoD game every single year. The marketing deals they had with Microsoft, and currently have with Sony offsets a decent amount of that cost. There is literally no legal team on the face of this earth that would let Sony spend the money they're spending to advertise third party games without getting some assurance in writing that they're not going to moonwalk into advertising games that will be free on Gamepass on day one. And since Playstation Plus now has its own game library, I wouldn't be surprised to see any third party marketing deals for XBox have similar language.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
COD going on Gamepass will give Microsoft more money because it will boost their subscription total. Adding to the fact that games can also still be purchased without Gamepass and Add-ons is not free.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Court swinging:
tenor.png

zerorequiem

All Star
Daps
How many AAA games are on GamePass day one besides the MS offerings (Halo, etc)? I don't think putting it on GamePass would make them more money than players buying the game out right.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many AAA games are on GamePass day one besides the MS offerings (Halo, etc)? I don't think putting it on GamePass would make them more money than players buying the game out right.

It likely wouldn't. The amount that Activision would've asked for to get a CoD on Gamepass day one probably would've been seen as a prohibitive based on the potential benefit. Buying the entire publisher is a different type of math that can work in Microsoft's favor, though.