Sony finally gets PS4 media remote

Ill-Mind

Midwest Moonwalker
Daps
Bout damn time Sony, now I can let my controllers chill when watching media :beli:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
What a piece a shyt this remote was. Thing was always sleep. It frequently wouldn't work at all. Then stopped synching with the PS4 altogether after only months of owning it.

I thought it was just a bad remote, so I looked at online reviews and see this shyt is common place with this remote.

Why the hell won't Sony just make a competent media remote like they did for the PS3?:mindblown::beli:

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
These remotes are dumb as shyt. Bought one for ps3 and never used the shyt

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
playstation-accessories-media-remotes-ps4-remote-box-01-us-10apr17

Got this bad boy earlier this year. It shyts all over the Xbone media controller because it works from anywhere in the room. While the Xbone media controller you have to be pointing directly at the console for it to work. Hella annoying.

And for the brehs asking why do you need a media remote? Well the battery life for the DS4 is horrible and I like have the functionality and ease of use the media controller provides while I watch Netflix and YouTube.

Last edited:

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
I will never understand a need for product like this

Breh if you watching netflix & amazon, using the DS4 gets annoying as hell. You will run through that weak ass battery in hours. The triggers on the remote will skip scenes if you accidentally lay the remote down on the couch wrong. The functionality of a media remote for viewing TV shows and saving the gaming remote battery for gaming is a very valuable thing for a small price.

Sony just outsourced the making of this remote to a 3rd party, and 3rd parties usually produce shyt products.

Last edited:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
Breh if you watching netflix & amazon, using the DS4 gets annoying as hell. You will run through that weak ass battery in hours. The triggers on the remote will skip scenes if you accidentally lay the remote down on the couch wrong. The functionality of a media remote for viewing TV shows and saving the gaming remote battery for gaming is a very valuable thing for a small price.

Sony just outsourced the making of this remote to a 3rd party, and 3rd parties usually produce shyt products.
Never been a problem for a real niqqa like me:yeshrug: