Sony Doesn't Break Even with Their Games and Disney can terminate Spider-Man contract if 6 Milly is not sold

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Desperate xbots man

Went to sleep and woke up thinking about sony stans

IMG_3262

Last edited:

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Spider-Man 2's cost are insane. They spent a lot of money for a 24% profit.
Wait until it drops on PC which is inivitable. It will probably be on PC by the time Wolverine releases.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Desperate xbots man
Nah man selling these huge AAA single player productions obviously requires a lot of resources and I can clearly see why Jim Ryan was trying to pivot to live services so hard. The ROI on a live service game would be way better and wouldn't depend on them having to sell so many millions of copies to increase.

fukk the budget on Spider-Man Way Home didn't even reach that level. It's just insane how much money they had to spend to have got back what they have so far.

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
Nah man selling these huge AAA single player productions obviously requires a lot of resources and I can clearly see why Jim Ryan was trying to pivot to live services so hard. The ROI on a live service game would be way better and wouldn't depend on them having to sell so many millions of copies to increase.

fukk the budget on Spider-Man Way Home didn't even reach that level. It's just insane how much money they had to spend to have got back what they have so far.
Yet everything will be ok this isn’t M$ with their failures to do anything you’re dealing with :manny:
This Sony nikka

We get great gaming experience xbots don’t and its been going on ever since the Ps3 made that comeback
So yeah I ain’t worried

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

And how much do you think starfield a game that has been in production since 2016 cost to make and market? How much do you think Elder Scrolls 6 will cost to make after 10 years?

And how much profit do you realistically think they will generate on gamepass?

The thing with spider-man 2 is it’s not just selling games it’s selling consoles and accessories. The games i mentioned above don’t even do that

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony stans in here acting like Xbox players hacked insomniac. :mjlol:

"I'm looking at the computer...

The truth y'all ain't want to accept but have no choice to now is in front of you from the source.

"Xbots" stay being correct on the gaming industry.

Sony need to hire us for our expertise

:whew:

Sony stans clearly don't know wtf they talking about

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
And how much do you think starfield a game that has been in production since 2016 cost to make and market? How much do you think Elder Scrolls 6 will cost to make after 10 years?

And how much profit do you realistically think they will generate on gamepass?

The thing with spider-man 2 is it’s not just selling games it’s selling consoles. The games i mentioned above don’t even do that
The closest thing we have to Starfield numbers were the number of players playing it early on Steam who had to pay extra

I've seen it said on Google that the budget was $400 million which is even more ridiculous but not from an official source.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The closest thing we have to Starfield numbers were the number of players playing it early on Steam who had to pay extra

I've seen it said on Google that the budget was $400 million which is even more ridiculous but not from an official source.

The thing is Microsoft isn’t really making cheap games either. A lot of their fans are acting like they’re Nintendo but Pentiment, Hi Fi Rush and Grounded are the equivalents to ratchet and clank, destruction all stars, Sackboy A big Adventure, astrobot, etc.

They are games that come out but aren’t really major sellers. We haven’t talked about all their games that have been in production for 5+ years with huge studios and budgets that are no where to be found. Stuff like Perfect Dark, State of Decay 3, What Coalition is doing, Fable, Hellblade 2, etc. these are games that have gone through numerous re-works and changed hands, and are all positioned as games that can compete with sonys. They aren’t cheap, and player numbers aren’t telling half the story.

Its certainly going to be interesting if people think microsoft are safe because they don’t report profits or have some endless warchest to fund them forever.