Sony Acquires Firesprite Studios

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I could be simplifying it a bit but spidey seemed to be on the easy side to get right. You don't have to worry about gunplay as he doesn’t use guns. So, combat is just having a combo system for fighting. The biggest barrier to a licensed IP is can you 'feel' like the hero. Can we swing through NYC and it feel right? Once they nailed that, everything else was gravy. It's why Superman is hard. His powers break a game. It's why Batman works. He has limitations too.

Has any other Spiderman been even remotely this successful tho?

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
Has any other Spiderman been even remotely this successful tho?

Some of the Activision ones were average to below average.

Kotick: Activision's Spider-Man games have 'sucked'

Let’s talk Activision’s Spider-Man games. Spider-Man: Web of Shadows? Garbage. Spider-Man 3? Sucked. Spider-Man: Friend or Foe? Nonsense. Spider-Man: Battle for New York? Drivel. Ultimate Spider-Man? Spider-Man 2? Trash.

Hey, don’t shoot the messenger, guys. Instead, look at Activision CEO Bobby Kotick, who in a recent Game Informer interview admitted that the publisher’s Spider-Man titles have been less than acceptable over the years.

“Our Spider-Man games have sucked for the last five years,” he tells the magazine when talking about learning about commitment to quality from Blizzard. “They are bad games. They were poorly rated because they were bad games.”

We went away from what is Spider-Man,” he continues. “It’s about web-slinging. If you don’t do web-slinging, what is the fantasy of Spider-Man?”

The insomniac games are great, however, it was a big deal the web-slinging worked.

Spider-Man on PS4 nails the most important thing: web-swinging

Spider-Man on PS4 nails the most important thing: web-swinging

This was the thing for Spiderman. This was the fantasy, the allure of Spiderman.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I gotta admit, I’m tired of blog posts from Playstation talking about purchasing studios or brand new partnerships with studios. The games from these announcements are years out so who cares. Its worse than showing a logo or a CG trailer.

I hope they have a strong showing tomorrow. Im always skeptical, but to be honest, they haven’t disappointed recently. Sony knows how to put on a good show, they are very balanced and even their worst shows are ‘good’.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I gotta admit, I’m tired of blog posts from Playstation talking about purchasing studios or brand new partnerships with studios. The games from these announcements are years out so who cares. Its worse than showing a logo or a CG trailer.

I hope they have a strong showing tomorrow. Im always skeptical, but to be honest, they haven’t disappointed recently. Sony knows how to put on a good show, they are very balanced and even their worst shows are ‘good’.

They announce the studios like that so they can recruit talent, its not really to hype us up

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

It's their E3, tomorrow should be a good thing. I don't want remakes though it seems we might be seeing one.

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
They announce the studios like that so they can recruit talent, its not really to hype us up

That is a good way to look at it…but I cant get over how one of the new studio announcements came at Geoff Keighlys E3 event.

Deviation Games was announced there. Thats doing the most if they are just doing it for recruitment.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Seems like sony have a gang of shooter games on the horizon.

• Firewalk destiny guys game
  • Firesprites AAA multiplayer game
  • Deviation CoD guys is making a shooter
  • The rumored Horizon shooter/vr shooter
  • Factions
I just hope they’re not all FPS games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I think people are sleeping on this acquisition. They got a lot of big dogs from other studios on here. It also looks like this big AAA game has been in production a while, we might see it tomorrow.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think people are sleeping on this acquisition. They got a lot of big dogs from other studios on here. It also looks like this big AAA game has been in production a while, we might see it tomorrow.

VR studio in all likelihood, doubt we'll see their game tomorrow in that case.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
VR studio in all likelihood, doubt we'll see their game tomorrow in that case.

their action adventure game isn't VR.

They got one sony style AAA narrative game. a Multiplayer shooter and a VR game in production. I don't think sony would have bought them if they didn't like what they saw

Canon

Veteran
Daps
:ehh:cool. sounds like there already a couple years deep into some AAA games as well.