Sonic vs Mario

Sonic vs Mario

• Total voters

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
Who do you like better?

Simple question.

You should know both of them by now and their respected histories and rivalries and such.

Ill just leave this here:
lVjAjTV.jpg

:sas2:

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps
Depends on what you grew up with, I feel. Every gamer who was young at the time must have some kind of primal image of either of these guys imprinted into their long term memory.

Nothing was as magical Mario All Stars if you were at the right age when you first played it. The art for Mario's games has a quality that's indescribably magical. It feels iconic, it feels like they got everything right.

I tried Sonic way way later, and it just didn't click with me. I think the games are OK, but they feel less authentic than Mario. Like one of those rip off SNES platformers they'd make for movies and random characters, like Zool.

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
The Mario IP always had better devs behind it and has had longevity. Sonic went to shyt after the 16-bit era for the most part and you could name the good post-Genesis Sonic games on one hand. :smh:

And Sonic is white by the way. Knuckles and Shadow are clearly the minorities in that crew.

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Sonic was trash after Sonic 2.. had a nice comeup with Sonic Adventure 2 but after that the franchise went to shyt

Mario never released a trash title

still the number 1 first party franchise game since 1986 :wow:

llt23

All Star
Daps
I cant really choose :patrice:

Mario 1,2 and 3 were my first games pretty much, and they still are amazing. But I got a Genesis after. And I played the ever loving shyt out of Sonic 1, 2,3, and Sonic and Knuckles.

Then I got to play Super Mario World in its entirety and was floored (I never owned an SNES unfortunately). Sonic proceeded to fall off while Mario went 64 and was :wow:.

I guess if I had a gun to my head I'd pick Mario. But I feel bad for Sonic cause I put in work in those games, countless hours.:to:

Breh

Rookie
Daps
Mario was good before Sonic existed, and he was still good after Sonic went to shyt.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn i love me sone sonic on the sega but Mario 3, and Mario World are just platform perfection. Its like Sonic was sabotaged on purpose so Mario could shine, thats my conspiracy. Because aint no way you can deliver bomb after bomb with the Sonic ip but Sega always finds a way. Like someone else said you can count the good Sonic games after 3this on one hand