Sonic Mania (2D, PS4, XB1,PC, Switch, August 15th 2017, 29th for PC)

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
yeah that fakkit asian dude whatever his name is wouldnt let christian make all new zones christian said they were gonna make all new zones until i guess whoever is the head of sega said no...maybe on the next one they prob wanna see how this one does first
Sonic Team director Takashi Iizuka is that fakkit asian dude.... :mjlol:

And yea, it was his idea for the remixed zones while Christian pretty much wanted Sonic 4 (that other abomination doesn't exist to me)

I'm not mad at the remixed zones for one reason, it gave Tee Lopes a reason to put that extra stank on those tracks :whew:

This game is already on the top of the Switch best sellers list, Sonic Team as inept as they are can hopefully greenlight as 100% new 2D sprite Sonic.

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
This game legit makes me rage :mjlol:. Not like throwing my shyt across the room but I'm straight up cursing up a storm. Get 90+ coins then get fukked by some BS and lose everything. fukking up on the bonus stages by accident :francis:.. Love it though. Last boss gave me 3 L's already.. and the last 2 zones are long as fukk. Gonna have to go at it tomorrow.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
The last 2 levels :wtb:

This is the reason I hated Sonic CD's stage design. How the fukk you gonna make this long ass level with all types of bullshyt and put a time limit on it? I don't mind the levels being maze like but when there's a time limit get the fukk out of here with that.

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So upset I timed out on the Act 1 boss of the last level and had to continue. I beat that boss and all of Act 2 and the final boss without losing a life on my second go round. It helped that I was a beast at Sonic and Knuckles bonus stages growing up.

Time to get all the emeralds for true ending

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
Sonic Team director Takashi Iizuka is that fakkit asian dude.... :mjlol:

And yea, it was his idea for the remixed zones while Christian pretty much wanted Sonic 4 (that other abomination doesn't exist to me)

I'm not mad at the remixed zones for one reason, it gave Tee Lopes a reason to put that extra stank on those tracks :whew:

This game is already on the top of the Switch best sellers list, Sonic Team as inept as they are can hopefully greenlight as 100% new 2D sprite Sonic.
dog fukk that guy...you already know christian a real nikka he was like man fukk yall sonic 4 let me make a true sequel... you can tell that asian dude felt some type of way...but it's only so long he can hold out he gonna have to face the music on the next one

firemanBk

The Manslayer
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
And not 1 negative comment said about this game

:mjcry:
You missed those "glorified rom hack" comments just before the game comes out.

Any more of that slander in here again and I'm going straight to negs :ufdup:

This game proves what I've been saying for years. The problem with Sonic is that Sonic Team sucks and can't make good games on a consistent basis. Forces looks like cheeks too

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Stardust Speedway act 1 theme got me over here like
full

All Sonic Mania 2 needs is 100% new levels for it to be better than this...they got the formula down PACT

:pacspit:@Sonic Team depriving us of this....this game could've legit saved the Saturn in the states
There was a fukkload of crazy politics that screwed over Sonic in the Saturn generation...it's a shame too. The miscommunication and tension between Sega of America and Sega of Japan was probably the main reason. The game that was supposed to come out in '96, Sonic X-Treme, was developed by an American team and gonna have this weird-ass fisheye lens gameplay, but Sega execs didn't like that and had them change the gameplay using the same engine as Nights into Dreams. However, Sonic Team was rightfully pissed because Sega didn't even ask their permission to hand it over and some members threatened to quit. So then the main developers of the project had to scrap the whole thing AGAIN and start from scratch with only a couple of months left in their deadline...dudes damn near literally worked themselves to death and eventually had to cancel it altogether...all Sega could do was slap together a shytty ass port of 3d Blast.

After that, Sonic Team started working on Sonic Adventure in '97. Sonic Adventure was actually originally gonna be for the Sega Saturn, and in fact in the DC version the graphics revert to the original Sega Saturn models during the Sky Chase part for some weird reason. But by the time Sonic Team got far enough in the development, the Saturn was a failure and Sega decided to look ahead to the Dreamcast, so they upgraded it and used the Saturn prototype as the 3D world in Sonic Jam.

Last edited:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
I'm ass at the bonus levels, used to ace then as a kid but now :flabbynsick:

Boss fight's are cool, bit frustrating fukking up the 2nd act and then having to start again. Sega should be ashamed it took a fan made game to restore the feeling :ahh:
lucky for u you dont get the emeralds from those stages :mjgrin: