Sonic Colors: Ultimate (PC, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Switch, PS4) (September 7, 2021)

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I can’t believe how much of a dud 3d sonic has become. They’ve been throwing shyt at the wall for 3 decades now.

It’s clear they need to hand the IP over to someone else. It’s so bad that an announcement of an open world sonic game generated negative hype

Prince Luchini

Stay dolo so thorough
Daps
This is like one of the 3 good sonic games that came out the whole decade:mjlol:

Fun game when I played it I'll cop but when is Sega going to port the adventure games, advance and heroes. Those games aren't as easily obtainable anymore. I gotta dig out my GameCube and GBA to play them hoes. Those games need remasters along with this.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This is like one of the 3 good sonic games that came out the whole decade:mjlol:

Fun game when I played it I'll cop but when is Sega going to port the adventure games, advance and heroes. Those games aren't as easily obtainable anymore. I gotta dig out my GameCube and GBA to play them hoes. Those games need remasters along with this.

All the adventure games are on Xbox One/Xbox Series X but yeah it's a no brainer that they should port that to switch.

And instead of them doing this sonic origins thing they should just do a GC emulator on switch and let us play sonic mega and gem collection on switch

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
This boost Sonic is so garbage to me...it’s just basically an endless runner...I want another adventure.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
This boost Sonic is so garbage to me...it’s just basically an endless runner...I want another adventure.

See that's the problem Sonic has now and forever.

There's this group of fans who only want to run fast and then there's this group of fans who understands that isn't what Sonic about. It makes sense for Sonic to have an endless runner game but I couldn't care less about an endless runner.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
See that's the problem Sonic has now and forever.

There's this group of fans who only want to run fast and then there's this group of fans who understands that isn't what Sonic about. It makes sense for Sonic to have an endless runner game but I couldn't care less about an endless runner.

Yeah they are in a tough spot where they can keep getting a guaranteed bronze medal with these shytty Boost games and have Sonic basically be a D-List celebrity. Or they can go all out and reimagine Sonic Adventure but there’s a chance that they can lose big and so they are settling for the metaphorical bronze.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I’m in the camp that sonic should mostly be a runner lol

The platforming in 3d sonic games have just been absolute trash... glitchy as hell too. 3 decades later they just not found a way to properly expand Sonics 2d games into 3d games like mario even though sonic is almost as iconic of a character.

I remember when i first got sonic on the original sega genesis the big hype around it was that it had real momentum based gameplay. Which meant for the first time ever you could continually (not indefinitely) go faster in a game. Now with 3d they want to translate that experience to a 3d space of bouncing around and fighting enemies, it just hasn’t worked.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I’m in the camp that sonic should mostly be a runner lol

The platforming in 3d sonic games have just been absolute trash... glitchy as hell too. 3 decades later they just not found a way to properly expand Sonics 2d games into 3d games like mario even though sonic is almost as iconic of a character.

I remember when i first got sonic on the original sega genesis the big hype around it was that it had real momentum based gameplay. Which meant for the first time ever you could continually (not indefinitely) go faster in a game. Now with 3d they want to translate that experience to a 3d space of bouncing around and fighting enemies, it just hasn’t worked.

Except this isn’t entirely true, the momentum gameplay and platforming do work in 3D and the adventure games prove it, the glitchiness is the only real issue, and the glitches aren’t because it’s in a 3D space, it’s because the Sonic Team is a bunch of amateurs.

An endless runner game wouldn’t capture the best aspects of Sonic at all. Hell Sonic isn’t even everyone’s favorite character in Sonic games.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Except this isn’t entirely true, the momentum gameplay and platforming do work in 3D and the adventure games prove it, the glitchiness is the only real issue, and the glitches aren’t because it’s in a 3D space, it’s because the Sonic Team is a bunch of amateurs.

An endless runner game wouldn’t capture the best aspects of Sonic at all. Hell Sonic isn’t even everyone’s favorite character in Sonic games.

Yeah tahts all we need another sonic game where we are forced to play as big the cat and fukking amy